Project Officer – Lasanod, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:9 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Terms of Reference
|Location :||Based in Lasanod, Frequently Traveling to Togdheer. Marodijeeh and Sanaag Regions.|
|Starting Date :||1 October, 2021|
|Type of Contract||Nationals|
|Duration of Initial Contract||One year with possibility of Extenstion depending on Performance and funds availaibiltiy|
Network against FGM/C in Somaliland (NAFIS) is a non-political, non-governmental and humanitarian network. NAFIS was established in late 2006 in Hargeisa by several local NGOs working towards the eradication of FGM/C. Currently, NAFIS has a membership of 20 organizations operating in all the regions of Somaliland. As the only nationwide network of its kind, the main purpose of NAFIS is to combat all forms of FGM/C in Somaliland through coordination and networking, policy framework, research, and documentation, capacity building for key stakeholders, and media awareness.
Background of the Position
Increasing access to justice for vulnerable groups, empowering the local communities, increasing legal aid assistance, psychosocial services, and strengthening the capacity of justice institutions to deliver effective, transparent, and adequate legal services requires multi-approach NAFIS Network is implementing project entitled” Strengthening the social contract through access to justice in eastern regions of Somaliland” in partnership with International Development Law Organization(IDLO). The main purpose of the project is to Increase access to justice for vulnerable groups and strengthen the capacity of legal institutions in Somaliland.
The project will closely work with the relevant local and community structures to improve and strengthen justice assistance, including establishing referral mechanisms to the SGBV survivors. The project will prioritize the provision of justice assistance through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to marginalized groups, including women, children and minority groups. Awareness-raising and trainings will be provided to the local communities and individuals in the eastern region of Somaliland.
NAFIS Network is looking for a competent Project Officer who will be based in Lasanod, and frequently travel in the project target areas including Togdheer, Maroodijeex and Sanaag Region.
Key Areas of Accountibilty
- The Project Officer will be responsible day to day implementation of the projet activities access to justice project
- Undertake the responsibility of delivering trainings to the target communities, regular monitoring and day to day supervision of the project staff based in target location in the Togdheer, Sool, Maroodijeeh and Sanaag regions.
- The Project officer will prepare and produce weekly/monthly and occasional reports to the project manager.
- The Project Officer will ensure follow-up of the activities as outlined in the project plan
- The Project Officer will ensure timely follow-up of project implementation activities.
- The project officer will ensure prepration of logistics related to the project (procurement of material etc.) and budget requests.
- The project officer will ensure the budget follow-up every month and focus on internal control on financial matters.
- The project officer will write the meeting minutes/workshops professional assistance in filling and record-keeping
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor in relation with project implementation.
Education and Experiences.
Education and Experiences:
- Bachelors Degree in law and or equivalent degree of public Administration, Development studies,
- Minimum 3-year working experiences in the related field of work in managing justice projects.
- Has solid knowledge of Project Cycle Management with good quality of report wiring
- Excellent networking/communication skills able to manage a team
- Strong knowledge and skills of training facilitations
- Be able to facilitate discussions with communities and local authorities at the regional level
- Proven initiative flexibility and proactivity
- Be self-organized highly motivated and a self-starter
- Be able to work as a team leader
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CVs and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Project Officer” not later than 17th Sep 2021. NAFIS Network is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1763 total views, 2 today