Project officers in Abudwak district Galgadud Region.
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:10 Feb 2020
- Share job:
Summary of the position:
Position:Project officers in Abudwak district Galgadud Region.
Reports to: Project Manager
Place of work: Abudwak
Opening date:10thFebruary 2020
Closing date:20thFebruary 2020
- Organizational Background
Somali peace Line (SPL) is non-profit making and non-governmental local organization, established to contribute towards bringing lasting and sustainable peace, advocate for human rights of disadvantage groups, capacity building, social harmony and good governance.
SPL is committed to empower Somali Society to solve its internal problems through peaceful dialogue. SPL is a key member organization of the Somali civil society organizations and is continually acknowledged and appreciated by its partners for its tireless commitment and collaboration in the cause of social change.Somali Peace Line has Child safeguarding policy and anyone who is going to work under Somali Peace Line must sign the child safeguarding policy documents as SPL is committed to prevent and protect all children from abuse with whom we contract directly or indirectly
SPL is looking for a project officers who will be responsible for the successful delivery of SPL work on Connecting Across Divides: Youth building Peace in Somalia project in Abudwak. The project creates enabling environment for CSOs in Somalia by facilitating safe spaces for dialogue and supporting collaboration across identity lines; It promotes their structured participation in local and national decision making by negotiating space for their interface with elders and local authorities, as well as their contribution to national policies; and It builds their capacity on civic engagement and peacebuilding, and provides the space needed for civil society to dialogue, exchange, collaborate and organize across identity lines.
- Objectives of the position
To take the lead of the implementation of: Connecting Across Divides: Youth building Peace in Somalia project in Abudwak and establish good relationships with project stakeholders particularly the Galmudug state, local authorities and community leaders.
- Duties and responsibilities
- Lead and manage the design and implementation of activities in the focus region in accordance with project obligations and in fulfillment of SPL’s strategies
- Lead in ensuring effective planning, monitoring and reporting for project activities undertaken in the focus region
- Remain updated on the context of the focus region, and ensure that project activities remain relevant and responsive to the context
- Maintain good relationships and regular contacts with project implementing partners and government particularly state-level and local government officials
- Ensure compliance of the state-level office with SPL policy and procedures and donor regulations and ensure submission of timely and accurate financial reports
- Ensure that program activities and outcomes are well-documented, and that analysis and reports are shared with the project Manager.
- Participate and take the lead of sustained dialogue meetings and other projectactivities
- Represent SPL in relevant meetings at the state level and promote organizational goodwill among the community and state authoritiesin relevant interagency, consortium, and sector/clusters coordination meetings at the state level among CSOs and/or between CSOs, INGOs and authorities.
- Submit monthly reports; contribute to quarterly and end-of-project reports and annual reports.
- Key qualifications and competencies
- Minimum university degree in social work, community development, business administration or related field
- A minimum of three years’ work in a relevant field
- General understanding of peace building, governance and human rights
- Has refined training and facilitation skills
- Proven abilities in managing successful community-based projects
- General understanding of project management and monitoring techniques
- Proven analytical, problem-solving skills and comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Highly organized, efficient and able to meet key deadlines
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have a knowledge of context / area of operation
- Proficient in typing, MS word, Microsoft excel and e-mail/internet programs
- Personal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Viewed as a person of integrity in the community
- Ability to mobilize the community
- Ability to work closely and effectively with government partners
- Diplomacy tact and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under stress
- 7. Languages:
- Somali and English
- 8. Terms and conditions
- Probation: There will be a probationary period of three months
- Hours: Standard working week is 40 hours a week.
- Application process:
- To apply send full CV and covering letter, stating the position being applied for and send to: email@example.com or by Hard copy to Human Resource Officer – Somali Peace Line , Opposite to Pizza House restaurant
- Your CVS should be included 3 references to
- Deadline for applications: After 20thFebruary will not be accepted CVSs
- We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contact
- Female candidates are encouraged and given priority
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1226 total views, 1 today