PSS Councilor – Jigjiga, Somali Regional State Of Ethiopia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:10 Jan 2022
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
Ärzte der Welt / Doctors of the World / Médecins Du Monde is a network of 16 humanitarian Non-Governmental organizations, working in health and medical aid in domestic and international projects. The focus lies on ensuring access to primary healthcare services, SRH / MCH services (incl. GBV) and psychosocial support. Furthermore, MdM is advocating for a universal access and rights to health services, especially for disadvantaged groups and people affected by crises and conflicts.
MdM has been working in Ethiopia since 1986, implementing different types of programmes from long-term interventions to emergency response. The current project in the Somali region by MdMGe is aiming to improve the access to and the quality of health care services (with a focus on sexual and reproductive health) and prevention of epidemics (incl. Covid-19) for the conflict and crisis affected population in two areas of the Region (Gerbo, Nogob Zone / Qoloji IDP Camp/ Fafaan Zone). Particular attention will be paid to the needs of women and girls by improving the access to SRH services, including GBV. Nutrition and WASH are integrated in this multi-sectoral approach and carried out by the local organisation OWDA (Organisation for Welfare and Development in Action).
The PSS Counselor Support MdM G staff to improve the quality of specialized services provided for most vulnerable cases. He/She will ensure a correct individual psychological support for cases internally referred by volunteers and health care workers, establish a clear pathway to facilitate all required counseling services and ensure a correct individual psychological support for cases referred by other players (including community) or partners based on mutual agreements.
Technical Leadership and Program implementation
- Take active leadership role in the development and implementation of the PSS program activities.
- Develop intervention programs and activities that improve psychological care.
- Establish the pathway to facilitate all required counselling services
- Lead in developing capacities of community volunteers on basic guidance and counselling.
- Provide a clinical psychological assessment on selected cases identified and referred by community volunteers and health workers
- Provide psychological support to cases referred in line with case plan objectives
- Closely monitor and document the psychological recovery of cases from the community
- If needed, accompany community volunteers during home visits.
- Inform the Project Coordinator about any difficulties met in activity implementation or problems observed.
- Arrange and lead awareness sessions, provide awareness on psychosocial stressors. Spread awareness in the community about psychosocial disorders and options for treatment.
Support to collective PSS
- Assess the needs of the targeted beneficiaries and design, in collaboration, a package of PSS activities for the beneficiaries.
- Support MdM G staff to improve the quality of specialized services provided (specialized psychological services – group therapy, individual counselling) for different target groups, including individuals at risk.
- Design activities with psychological purposes for vulnerable children, youth, women at risk and men attending collective PSS.
- Lead in organizing and conducting support groups for individuals at risk
- Monitor the activities (awareness and support groups), conducted by the volunteer workers.
- Be available to train and mentor on psychological support and first aid for MdM G staff when requested and to ensure highest standards of healthcare.
- Produce and maintain accurate clinical records of the beneficiaries.
- Write technical reports on specific cases identified during the individual psychological support sessions.
- Case files and technical reports must be archived in locked and secure location; access to them should be restricted only to relevant, authorized program staff.
- Set up a monitoring system to evaluate the effectiveness and the impact of the planned individual and group psychological support intervention programs on the beneficiaries.
- Report to the Project Coordinator any problems and/or training needs identified during the monitoring of activities.
- Provide a weekly and monthly reports on the activities conducted.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Meetings and Trainings
- Participates in meetings and trainings in and outside the centers including case management meetings
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Participates in weekly internal case management meetings for Case Management.
Line Manager: Program Coordinator
Functional reports: Medical Coordinator
Length of contract: 12 MONTHS(Possibility for extension)
- Degree in Nursing/Clinical counselling/ psychology from a recognized institution
- Registration with the relevant professional regulatory bodies will be an added advantage
- Should ideally have served for at least 3+ years as counsellor dealing with GBV at least, 1 of which must be in a health facility
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Previous experience working with GBV survivors and coordinating with International and national organizations operating in protection in emergencies is preferable.
- Previous experience working for an international NGO is preferable.
- Commitment to MdM G principles.
- Comply with all relevant organization policies and procedures.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and information management standards and protocols, sharing information only in compliance with these standards.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions.
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay for extended periods at service delivery points
- Should be fluent in English and Somali
How to Apply
To apply, please submit: a two-page curriculum vitae; three work-related references; a one-page cover letter explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above; copy of certificate/License (if applicable).
If possible, please send all the above in one document – MS Word or PDF. Also, write the job title and your name in the subject line. Send to email@example.com Deadline for submission: 22nd January 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We are unable to accept phone calls
Starting date: 1st Feb 2022
Place of office: Jigjiga serving Fafan zone projects
We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
Our processes of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
Please note that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination..
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
433 total views, 1 today