Psychosocial Specialist /Consultant – Baidoa-Bay, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:3 Sep 2020
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFRENECE FOR PSYCHOSOCIAL SPECIALIST TO CONDUCT SUPPORT FOR FRONTLINE HEALTHWORKERS DURING COVID19.
GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
Psychosocial Specialist /Consultant. Individual.
Location of assignment
Commitment to Diversity
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
GREDO Somalia is looking for a suitable psychosocial Support consultant (individual) to train frontline health care workers who are engaged and working in GREDO health Facilities. The individual will also conduct psychosocial support (therapeutic and basic counselling) for health workers during a period of two months.
The overall objective of this assignment is to ensure the wellbeing and the emotional resilience of healthcare workers to maintain essential healthcare services during covid19 pandemic. Monitoring of mental and wellbeing of health staff is very crucial to ensure their successful re integration with work colleagues and beneficiaries. The incumbent will be based in Baidoa with visits to GREDO Health and Nutrition sites. He/she is shall maintain close working relationship with local authorities, partners and other actors as well. The incumbent reports hierarchically to Program director and technically to the FSL & Resilience Program Manager.
- Design and facilitate mental health psychosocial support –MHPSS for GREDO frontline health staff/workers, who engaged in day to day health and Nutrition services in GREDO health facilities.
- Develop training package on mental health and psychosocial support and basic counselling as well. The package will be reviewed by GREDO programs director to ensure training content meets to GREDO objective for this consultancy.
- Design and develop a training program on MHPSS for health care frontline workers at GREDO health facilities supported by RRF and other funding streams.
- The consultant shall facilitate the training of frontline healthcare workers and further conduct on the job psychosocial support services/counselling.
- Before the training the psychosocial specialist shall develop TOR for 2-3 days training for healthcare workers training on MHPSS and basic counselling.
- At the end of the training the consultant will help trainees form groups to facilitate referral services
- Assess and facilitate Short- and long-term mental health and Psychosocial Support Services to healthcare workers including Community health workers.
- Work closely with the identified team in supported facilities and GREDO trained staff to conduct a continuous assessment. The consultant will provide simple assessment tool to identify beneficiaries on MHPSS.
- Provide basic MHPSS to staff and beneficiaries who are experiencing psychosocial stress in the community, health facilities (through referral systems).
- Engage multidisciplinary discussions to disseminate psychosocial support in all GREDO projects.
- Promoting mental health in various platforms to raise awareness and assist with the identification of common mental health problems in the facility and in the community and address them which includes referral pathways…
- Conduct debriefing for health staff, community health workers to adopt to the situation of Covid19 pandemic.
- Provide and deliver clear approach and methodology for executing the assignment (Technical proposal and financial proposal).
- Develop and share training package in soft copy.
- Ensure all staffs are trained adequately and have clear, in-depth understanding of the training content and are confident to clearly implement. Ensure relevant skills transferred to staff and support services established in line with an identified need.
- Conduct pre and post training evaluation to measure trainings relevance and take up.
- The consultant shall develop and submit training report for staffs trained on MHPSS and basic counselling (in hardcopy and soft copy).
- Provide Psychosocial support to the health team for 25 days upon full week training.
At the end of the exercise/assignment the consultant will prepare comprehensive final report in English language and shared. The report covers processes, field observations, feedbacks, psychosocial support immediate impact and recommendations. This to be provided in hard copy and soft copy.
To ensure the assignment is smoothly and successfully implemented GREDO will provide all necessary support including logistics, coordination with partners, local government and community engagement.
The specialist fee will be negotiated before formal contract and payments will be based on successful completion of agreed deliverables.
Requirement (Qualification, Skills and Experience).
- Degree in mental health or Social work related disciplines, sociology, public health, clinical psychology or equivalent to counselling.
- With at least three years clearly demonstrated experience in psychosocial support, protection interventions.
- High quality reporting writing skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Clearly spoken and written Somali language is an added advantage.
- Capacity to relate with other stakeholders.
- Good Knowledge of the area of intervention or working context is an added asset.
- Ability and willingness to cope with high workload and sometimes under challenging working environments.
- Computer knowledge/skills are mandatory (Word, Excel e.t.c).
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people.
NB: The consultant/applicants a letter of application, updated CV(including 3 Professional referees), a technical and financial proposal indicating his/her understanding of the TOR, showing detailed work plan, budget and methodology that will be used to execute the assignment on MHPSS and counseling to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject (Psychosocial Specialist /Consultant). The deadline for application is 09/09/2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The applicant shall also send
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1183 total views, 2 today