Public Relations Officer
- Job category: Public Relations Affairs
- Post date:12 Sep 2019
- Share job:
SO! Ltd. (Powered by Somcable) is an ISP that reflects a fresh and innovative range of products and services for the modern Somali consumer. It is an exciting, relevant and affordable option for communication and entertainment
SO! Ltd is the only Authorized Retail Agent for Somcable!!!
It is an ISP that fulfills the connectivity requirements for Organizations and individuals in Somaliland. SO! Uses the latest technology to deliver a full suite of world class services to its customers.
SO! Builds upon Somcable’s strength by using their fiber optic network infrastructure to deliver complete solutions for High Speed Internet, Voice, Multimedia and Enterprise Solutions. This makes SO! the most comprehensive ISP, the only and largest fiber network provider for all of Somaliland communication requirements.
We believe in leadership through people. Our technology and service-delivery strengths comes from our valued employees who have joined SO! & Somcable from all over the world to earn customer trust and loyalty with a continuing commitment to the deployment of innovative technology, reliable, affordable high-quality services and excellent customer care.
Public Relations Officer
Salary : according to SO! Ltd salary scale, terms and conditions
Reporting Authority: Public Relation Officer will report to ( Marketing Manager)
Duty station: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Travel: some travel must be expected.
Full or Part time (%) : 100% Full time
Start Date: September 12 2019
End Date : September 26th 2019
- Responsible for formulating PR plans & strategies
- Playing an integral role within the Marketing department in developing marketing strategies and objectives for the company
- Tasked with increasing the company’s voice and presence through online and offline channels
- Maintaining communication with local media, consumers to promote products and services
- Assisting in the planning of marketing programs, events & supporting activities
- Responsible for developing and executing public relations strategies and serving as a spokesperson of the organization
- Writing press releases, speeches and other PR related material
- Lead survey initiatives and analyse public opinion
- Performing key tasks in identifying future trends in communications, and generating new ideas and suggestions for marketing projects & campaigns
- Actively monitoring the web for both good & bad PR and taking ownership of all PR related activities
- Organizing of publicity events to improve the public image of the organization
- Arrange interviews with media outlets & journalists, prepare and distribute media releases, and liaising with the other members of the marketing team in making statements to the media
- Liaising with and managing enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations often via all forms of communication
- And any other duties assigned by the Line Manager
- Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
- Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
- Background in researching, writing and editing publications
- Proficient in MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
- Strong communication ability (oral and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in a similar position.
PLEASE FORWARD YOUR COVER LETTER/CV AND CERTIFICATES TO email@example.com before September 26th 2019
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1963 total views, 3 today