PURCHASING CLERK – Laascaanood, Sool
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:26 Aug 2020
- Share job:
EXTERNAL & INTERNAL VACANCY
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES (MSF)
SOMALILAND MISSION – Sool Health Support Project
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and demands full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
MSF Somaliland – in Las Anod Project is looking for:
Job Title : PURCHASING CLERK
Job Code : LT04400
Level : 4 on MSF salary scale
Work Location : Las Anod, Sool Region
Start date : September 2020.
Length of contract : 5.5 months fixed term contract (Includes 2-month probationary period) with possibility of extension based on performance and operational need
The selected candidate will be reporting to the Supply Activities Officer (Functionally) and Hospital Facility Manager (Hierarchical).
Main Tasks include, but not limited to:
- Execute, Carrying out purchases of a supply office according to MSF standards and protocols in order to ensure an ongoing supply of all sorts of goods.
- Carrying out the purchases of a supply office on the basis of purchase documents issued by the line manager and managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing procedure. Below an agreed threshold, directly assessing the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, and negotiates prices.
- Placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval.
- Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office. Informing the Logistics or Supply Supervisor and Logistics Manager of all information or modifications to the “item-supplier” data: price, address, items available.
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper and supply activity supervisor
- Have a good knowledge of the supply Chain.
- Negotiate Skillful and maintain contacts with various suppliers
- Manage deliveries to confirm compliance with contracts
- Identify damaged or defective goods and work out an alternative solution with the supplier.
- Keep detailed records, prepare, and submit necessary reports
- Maintain professional relationships with all key supplier, and keep records and data for the suppliers.
- Market survey and updating monthly price list.
- Have good knowledge of local market.
If you meet the above requirements, please send copies of your: Application/Motivation letter, CV National ID Card and Certificates/Diploma to e-mail address: email@example.com
before 2:00 pm on Sunday, 06 September 2020.
Only applicants meeting the Criteria and having Valid Somaliland National ID Card will be considered.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1954 total views, 3 today