Qualified Nurse – Berdaale, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:28 Jul 2020
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
JOB DESCRIPTION – Qualified Nurse
|Job Grade:||Band 3|
|Reports To:||Head Nurse|
|Direct Reports:||OPD Auxiliary Nurse|
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
|Overall Job Purpose|
Conduct assessment of child health needs for children under 5 and provide quality and comprehensive nursing, treatment and follow-up of patients in designated out-patient clinics. Ensure delivery of high quality nursing interventions covering provision of antenatal services, postnatal care, immunization and reproductive health, nutrition, HIV/Ads, health and hygiene promotion and epidemic response in line with SRCS health policy guidelines and primary healthcare nursing standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Team Leadership &Programme Implementation
- Diagnose common health conditions to identify child health needs for children under 5.
- Deliver an immunization program to ensure all children under 5 are appropriately immunized.
- Assess and monitor patterns of weight gain and growth in children under 5.
- Provide health education to mothers on breastfeeding and hygiene promotion.
- Recommend referral of severe complicated cases for specialized treatment.
- Conduct home visits and follow-up discharged patients and provide continuity of care.
- Evaluate healthcare outcomes on under 5 children and prepare individualized reports.
- Raise requisitions for replenishment of drugs and supplies as needed.
- Compile accurate data on all OPD cases of under 5 children and prepare monthly reports and weekly as requested.
- Check immunization status of the children.
- Growth monitoring, weight for age.
- Health education, breast feeding, hygiene promotion and encourage promotion.
- Refer to the severe complication cases to the highest level and follow up.
- Participate meetings and trainings as requested by the supervisor.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the OPD health programme line with strategic priorities.
- Identify capacity-building needs of the auxiliary and volunteer nursing team and ensure they are properly trained and well supported to implement programme activities.
- Participate in emergency preparedness, rapid assessments and emergency responses.
Educational Qualifications & Professional Training
Education: Diploma in Nursing or Bachelor with experience in maternal and child health or equivalent qualifications.
Professional Training: Leadership and Management.
Certification/Licensing: Registered Nurse.
Job Competencies & Experience
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests.
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports.
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials.
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
Language Requirement: Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages.
Relevant Experience: Minimum 2 years relevant experience in implementing an integrated health program consisting of maternal and child health, immunization, nutrition, HIV/Aids as well as health and hygiene promotion within a humanitarian context.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CV, cover letter, and copy of their certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: August 10, 2020and Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1213 total views, 1 today