Quality Environment Health & Safety Manager – Berbera, Somaliland
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:26 Jul 2020
- Job expires in: 6 days
- Share job:
Quality Environment Health & Safety Manager:
Dahabshiil Oil Terminal (DOST) (“DOST” or the “Company”) is the Oil Storage and Trade portfolio with headquarters in Berbera, Somaliland. DOST aims at addressing gaps in the provision of quality oil storage, logistics operations and service provision for the upstream oil and gas industry in the Horn of Africa Region. The company has an opening for Quality Environment Health & Safety Manager to be based in its Head Office.
Job location: Berbera, Somaliland
Job Purpose: The QHSE Manager will monitor and assist with all QHSE related matters such as ISO requirements, inspections, audits and all supporting documentation. QHSE Engineer or Safety Officer is a role, which demands attention to detail in order to maintain safety systems on an operational basis as dictated, and in accordance with, the International and National Oil Terminal standards best practices. The QHSE Engineer or Safety Officer will be responsibility to ensure the procedures are follow as failure to do so can result in legal prosecutions against the company. The QHSE Engineer or Safety Officer will also be responsible for safeguarding people’s lives and properties by planning, formulating, implementing, and supervising fire safety plans that take care of specific fire and life safety systems.
|ACTIVITY||Quality Environment Health & Safety Manager|
|REPORTING TO:||The CEO|
|THE ROLE:||Quality Environment Health & Safety Manager|
|KEY RESPONSIBILITIES||Key Responsibilities:|
|ACCOUNTABILITIES||i. Quality, Health, Environment and Safety|
|· Operating the day-to-day terminal activities, focusing|
|absolute priority to productivity, only next to Safety.|
|· Performs reporting, risk assessments and auditing|
|and observes all Quality, Health, Safety and|
Environment (QHSE) related activities and policies within the Oil Terminal.
- Ensures operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance to federal, provincial and company safety regulations by integrating and implementing company and third-party QHSE policies and procedures.
- Imparted in-house & shop-floor training to the Middle Management, Supervisory workers & Security personnel, specific to prevailing work culture & job oriented.
- The QHSE Engineer or Safety Officer will also be responsible for safeguarding people’s lives and properties by planning, formulating, implementing, and supervising fire safety plans that take care of specific fire and life safety systems.
- Imparted all-time awareness among the employees, connected to the Occupational hazards and of preventive measures.
- Enforce quality procedures on all aspects of the business process and procedure as an internal lead process auditor.
- Performs post-incident investigations and communicates with the QHSE Manager and others until all action items have been closed.
- Team efforts & motivating the co-workers in surmising the desired results.
- Key role player in preparing Safe Operating Procedures as per Oil Industry Safety Directorate (OISD).
- Conducting frequent mock drills & on-site emergency drills, to induce safety-consciousness & impeccable execution of the individual role and responsibility, in unforeseen contingency and emergency.
- Site inspection for issuing work permits and performing gas tests using multi gas monitor.
- Promoted safety suggestion scheme to motivate employees for coming – up with new ideas on HSE.
- Enforce the Terminal Health Policy and ensure that PPE is issued within reasonable intervals.
- Enforce the Terminal Environment Policy to ensure that operations do not degrade the environment.
- Always enforce the Terminal Safety Policy to ensure all operations within the terminal remain safe.
- Recommend work permits that have been raised by the Terminal Engineer in consultation with the Operations Manager.
- Consult and review with the Manager on issues arising to/from policy on Health, Environmental and Safety.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of security equipment e.g. security lights, fence, CCTV etc.
- Review CCTV footage daily and discuss with the Manager any occurrence that may subject the terminal to risk.
- Emergency Response
- In case of emergency the QEHS Supervisor shall be the alternate to the superintendent and shall be responsible for the documentation of the incident as a secretary.
- Maintain a program and conduct regular drills (fire/ evacuation/ first aid) in emergency response
- Review emergency response programs with the Terminal Manager.
- Identify training needs and initiate development programs for staff in consultation with the Manager.
- Attend to any other duties assigned by the Terminal Manager.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE ·
Must be a holder of a BSc. Degree from a recognized university
- Typically has completed required safety/environmental training.
- Likely to be either a specialist within a particular focus area for QHSE, e.g., environmental, transportation, training, etc. or is based at a specific location in a generalized role
- Must be competent in computers, especially Windows based application programs.
- Should have a minimum of Five years’ experience in a similar job environment.
|PERSONAL||Key Competencies and attributes|
|· Must have demonstrable experience and training in|
|· Must be an effective team player.|
|· Typically, intermediate level positions perform more|
|complex duties requiring some skills and judgment.|
|· Some decision making may be made independently;|
|may work under supervision.|
|· This level is developing knowledge and problem-|
|solving skills. Possesses 3-6 years of experience.|
|· An ability to work well under pressure|
|· Good verbal and written communication skills|
|· Problem-solving skills|
|· Efficiency and organization|
Qualified candidates with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document to email@example.com to be received on or before 5:00PM on 15th August 2020 with the subject line“ QUALITY ENVIRONMENT HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGER:DOST”
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2214 total views, 3 today