RE-ADVERT: Education Officer – Jigjiga, Somali Region of Ethiopia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:21 Nov 2020
- Share job:
Education Officer (Re – Advertised)
International Rescue Committee – IRC
Emergency education officer will be responsible for the timely start-up and successful implementation of education in emergency response activities in the Woredas delivering the target deliverables under the education in Emergencies project. S/he will work in close collaboration with and active involvement of Woreda education officials, teachers/facilitators, cluster supervisors, Kebele Education and Training Board (KETB), PTA’s/CMC members, school age children and IDP communities.
With the direct supervision of the Education Emergency manager, the incumbent leads the Education in Emergencies project timely implementation, monitoring and evaluation and reporting of agreed activities in target Woreda of Mula and Goljano Fafan Zones.
- Involves in the rapid assessment of the emergency education needs.
- Ensures the quality day-to-day implementation of the education activities.
- Keeps the record of number of beneficiaries in the target area
- Works very closely with supply chain and finance to deliver the project activities on time
- Facilitates the ASR and/or ALP based on the need on the ground
- Daily follow up with Learning Facilitators/Community Volunteers to ensure quality learning sessions.
- Works with the parent-teacher association (PTSA) to ensure that children are enrolled in the TLS or existing schools.
- Conducts in-service teachers/facilitators trainings based on teachers training needs.
- Ensures that the teaching-learning process is in place in the temporary learning spaces or existing school.
- Develops activity and spending plan once the budget is released.
- Ensures effective budget management based on existing tools (PR tracking and Budget versus Actual) to avoid under or over spending. Tracks the PR on regular basis to ensure the quality budget management.
- Represents the IRC in any external meetings at the local level.
- Drafts monthly reports on IRC template and quarterly reports on the donor template.
- Drafts the 5Ws on the basis of template and shares with the EiE manager on monthly basis.
- BA/BED in Education, Education Planning and Management or other fields related to the position.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in the education sector
- NGO experience will be an advantage
- Experience in handling emergency projects
- Good technical and report writing skill
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Somali language is a plus
- Ability to meet to perform her/his activities within short period of time
- Computer literate with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply!
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply and submit their CV attached with cover letter through IRC Career.
· IRC Careers
· Internal Career Site
· Please include 3 references
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
| YES NO
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other encouraging benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Deadline: Nov 29, 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
939 total views, 1 today