RE-ADVERT: INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY Collection of Videos, photographs, and stories for Save the Children Programme in Puntland.
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:2 Mar 2020
- Job expires in: Expired
- Share job:
INVITATION TO BID FOR CONSULTANCY
Save the Children International (SCI) Somalia program hereby invites interested consultants to bid for the consultancy assignment detailed below
|1||Title of Consultancy||Collection of Videos, photographs, and stories for Save the Children Programme in Puntland.|
|2||SCI Contracting Office||Save the Children, Garowe Office|
|3||Period of Consultancy||35 days|
|4||Consultant type required||Individual or Firm|
|5||Responsibility for Logistics||the consultant shall be responsible for their own logistics, Accomodation and|
|arrangements and Costs||meals||arrangements and costs.|
|6||Taxation Provisions||Consultant shall be responsible for all Taxes arising from the consultancy|
|in line with the local Tax regulations applicable at the SCI contracting|
|office named above|
|7||Travel requirements||Across Puntland ( Garowe, Gardo, Bossaso, Badhan, Galkayo)|
|8||Security requirements||Consultant will comply with standard Save the Children Security|
|procedures, including the completion of SCI online security training prior|
|to travel to Somalia|
|9||Qualification and Experience|
|1.||At least four years of experience in documentation, videography|
|and photography production in development and humanitarian|
|2.||A strong creative vision and styling that appeals to a global|
|audience, with experience in capturing and editing videography for|
|3.||Samples of previous work undertaken by the consultant to as proof|
|of creative vision and style.|
|4. The consultant is expected to cover their own insurance costs.|
|5.||Ability to work at Save the Children offices in Garowe, as required|
|to meet the expected deliverables listed below.|
|10||Evaluation Criteria||•||A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider|
|yourself/your firm suitable|
|•||for the assignment|
|•||Firm/company profile on handling related assignment|
|•||Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications|
|•||Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for|
|whom you have produced films|
|•||Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of|
|expenses (unit price|
|•||together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.|
|•||Both technical and financial proposal shall not exceed five pages|
|11||Application Procedure||Interested consultants should submit their applications via email to|
|The applications should be submitted in PDF format as one document|
|comprising Technical and Financial sections as detailed below.|
|a)||Technical proposal – including but not limited to :|
|• Consultants understanding of the assignment and context|
|• Approach to the assignment|
|•||Key staff biodata|
|b)||Financial proposal – providing a breakdown of all charges related|
|to the assignment.|
|Applicants should also indicate the date they are available to start working|
|on the consultancy|
|All applications MUST be submitted on or before the closing date below to|
|be considered for the assignment.|
|12||Closing date for Applications||Interested consultants shall submit their applications through the email|
|address provided above on or before (6th March 2020)|
|Shortlisted candidates will be requested for an interview.|
|13||Terms of Reference (ToR)||Complete ToR with details appended below attached herewith as Annex 1.|
|•||Purpose of the consultancy,|
|•||Introduction of the project,|
|•||Background of the consultancy,|
|•||Objectives of the consultancy,|
|•||Proposed methodology and approach,|
|•||Scope of work,|
|•||Key deliverables / outputs|
ANNEX 1 : Consultancy Terms of Reference
Timeframe: Jan & March, 2020
Date: 28th Jan. 2020
For over 100 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision in a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. in Somalia, Save the Children has been working with th government and the communities for over 60 years, and has been implementing health, child protection, livelihoods and education interventions for over a decade. Our long history in Somalia has endowed Save the Children with a comprehensive understanding of the local context, experienced and skilled local staff, and established systems and procedures to effectively implement projects, often in an insecure or unpredictable operating environment.
As part of the advocacy and communication strategy to increase visibility and voices of its communities and partners, Save the Children intends to produce a number of communication materials to highlight key challenges children and their families face and the impact of the support they receive. To accomplish this, Save the children seeks to obtain the services of a competent consultant or firm that will produce the visual content ( videos, photos and stories) while working in close collaboration with ACCM team.
4.0 Objective(s) of the assignment:
The objective of the assignment is to document (visual content – videos, photos and stories) of Save the Children interventions in Puntland, and to present visually the work of Save the children in Puntland to the government, communities we work with.
Specifically the aim is to:
- highlight the key issues and problems families face(d)
- they support/services the families received
- The impact of work on the commununities that we have supported.
5.0 Scope of Work:
To consultant bring the stories, images, videos and lives of the households, specifically children, and communities we work with to the forefront. This work must use the latest technology to explore the human experience and interaction with the project in order to build awareness on: This should be communicated in the words of beneficiaries, through their individual stories, linked together to tell one cohesive story that makes the larger picture vivid to an international audience. Children’s voices must be featured in the story line, bringing their experience to the forefront.
Specifically the consultant shall:
- Develop overall concept and scenario for case
- Develop the documentary script and story board to be used in filming and production of the documentary, case studies and case studies
- Conduct field visits of the project area and interview key stakeholders including benefeciries, local leader, government official and project staff
- Present a draft content to Save the Chidlren for review/comments.
- Incorporate the comment and produce final content
The content produced will be shared externally with community members, government, members and donors. It will also be used on the organization’s online platforms and website for information sharing and advocacy objectives.
The consultant will be thoroughly briefed on Save the Children’s child safeguarding requirements and will sign a child safeguarding policy prior to commencing work. While in communities and gathering footage, images and stories, the consultant will be required to inform all those captured visually of the intended audience for the final product and gain their permission (consent form) to use their moving or still image for this purpose.
6.0 Expected Deliverables:
- One (1) 5 minutes long videos showing the context and the impact of the project through voices of beneficiaries, community leaders, Save the Children programme team and the government.
- At least four (4) videos of one minute duration highlighting individual stories of beneficiaries from the project and the impact of Save the Children work in target locations.
- Five (5) success stories/case studies written from first person point of view. All stories should show the impact of the project on targeted beneficiaries.
- Two feature stories for online platforms and possibly shared with media for republication and circulation
- 50 well edited and captioned photos in Jpeg format, clearly showing the location, activities undertaken by the subject, direct quotes of the subject or facts and figures about the intervention and the project.
Upon the completion of the assignment, the service providers should submit footage, photos and any other documents created within the assignment to Save the Children. This includes but not limited to original copies of the consent, project files in FCP or Adobe format and all text in word document version including transcript of interviews conducted during the assignment.
Final content procuced MUST follow Save the Children branding guidelines and meets the quality expectations of Save the Children.
7.0 Requirements / Selection Criteria:
- At least four years of experience in documentation, videography and photography production in development and humanitarian contexts.
- A strong creative vision and styling that appeals to a global audience, with experience in capturing and editing videography for international consumption.
- Samples of previous work undertaken by the consultant to as proof of creative vision and style.
- The consultant is expected to cover their own insurance costs.
- Ability to work at Save the Children offices in Garowe, as required to meet the expected deliverables listed below.
8.0 Time Frame:
The assignment will be carried out in for a period of 30 days, between January 12th to Feburay 17th 2020.
9.0 Reporting / Lead persons:
The consultant will directly report to the Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media Coordinator with support from the Communications and Media manager and/or Head of Advocacy, Campaigns, Communication and Media.
10.0 Locations: Selected consultant will travel across Puntland.
- Duration of the Assignment: 35 Days
12.0 Application procedure:
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A technical proposal: Letter of Interest, stating why you consider yourself/your firm suitable • for the assignment
- Firm/company profile on handling related assignment
- Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications and experience
- Contact details of referees which shall be organizations for whom you have produced films
- or documentaries
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price
- together with any other expenses) related to the assignment.
- Both technical and financial proposal shall not exceed five pages
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1798 total views, 6 today