RE-ADVERT: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability Learning (MEAL) and Documentation Advisor
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:12 Jul 2021
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR Monitoring Evaluation Accountability Learning (MEAL) and Documentation Advisor
Job Title: MEAL and Documentation Advisor
Reports To: Programme Coordinator
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa – Somaliland (With extensive travel to the project sites including Puntland)
Start date: As soon as possible.
I. Position Purpose:
The MEAL and documentation advisor shall ensure good monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability of the Development Fund’s programme in Somalia. The advisor shall also ensure the qualitative documentation of results and impact in line with DF’s systems for MEAL and documentation. The advisor will contribute to the development of proposals and application and work closely together with the Development Fund’s global MEAL team. The MEAL Advisor will facilitate the development of MEALs plans/systems, in line with DF’s global system including results frameworks and creating baselines for all DF supported programmes. He/she will participate in programme development, project and partner monitoring and follow up, annual planning and reporting, capacity building and knowledge sharing. In collaboration with the global DF MEAL team, the position will also ensure that the partners and DF are accountable to both beneficiaries and donor agencies and that accountability is integral element of all aspects of partners’ implementation of DF programmes/projects. In addition, the MEAL Advisor will capture, document and analyse learnings from the different projects, and facilitate learning and experience sharing between partners and across programmes. The MEAL Advisor shall also contribute to improving DF’s internal and external communication in coordination with DF’s global Communication and Market Department.
II. Detail Duties and Responsibilities
M&E, project/programme follow-up and reporting
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to all assigned partners in coordination with programme and finance staff.
- Present quality monitoring reports after each partner visit in coordination with programme and finance staff.
- Closely follow up that regular reports from partners are received on time and with the expected quality. Review reports and provide feedback to the partners.
- Collaborate with the finance team to ensure coherence between finance and narrative reports.
- Draft consolidated donor reports in consultation with the Programme Coordinator in line with the Development Fund’s reporting routines.
- Adjust and provide additional information as seen necessary during the finalisation of the donor reports by DF’s programme department in Oslo.
- Contribute to drafting of ToR of project/programme evaluations and assist evaluation teams when necessary.
- Participate in programme/project revisions and ensure results frameworks, baseline data and targets are revised and updated accordingly.
- Document impact and changes of DF’s programmes in line with DF’s guidelines for qualitative impact documentation.
Programme development and development of new projects
- Participate in developing new programme ideas together with the rest of the programme team.
- Actively take part in developing new programmes and project proposals to various donors, with particular responsibility of leading the development of the results framework and theory of change, and writing up the MEAL narrative section.
- Provide close technical support to partners in the preparation/design of new projects in line with identified needs and lessons learned.
- Lead baseline assessments, including development of data collection tools, coordination of data collection and data analysis; ensure baseline data meet DF’s quality standards.
- Ensure that the different MEAL components (monitoring, evaluation, assessment/baseline, accountability and learning) are integrated appropriately in project plans and budgets.
Management and operationalisation of M&E systems
- Ensure implementation of DF’s standardised monitoring tools and methodologies, and in coordination with DF’s MEAL team adjust the tools and methodologies to ensure they are appropriate for the local context.
- Provide professional support to the partners’ relevant staff on data collection, analysis and interpretation.
- Capacity building of partners in DF’s M&E system.
- Take lead in the development and management of a project/programme database system at country level.
- Create good interaction, working relationship and communication with partners, other relevant program stakeholders and stakeholders in the sectors where DF is working.
- Actively participate in regular meetings with the global MEAL team and contribute to the development of organizational strategies, standards and tools. Take part in other DF teams as applicable.
- Collaboration with DF’s M&E advisor, reporting/application advisor, gender focal point and other staff based in Oslo.
- From a MEAL perspective, experience with integration of cross cutting considerations into programmes and projects, including gender equality, anti-corruption, the environment and human rights.
Accountability and Learning
- Implement the DF approach of accountability to be mainstreamed in partner implemented projects/programmes.
- Develop capacity-building plans and undertake capacity building of partners on standards of accountability to beneficiaries.
- Undertake technical support visits and offer remote technical support to partners on accountability to beneficiaries.
- In close collaboration with the programme team, facilitate learning and sharing of knowledge and experiences across partner organizations and projects/programmes, and facilitate the application and reapplication of generated knowledge in projects/programmes.
- Organise reflection sessions with DF and partners’ staff to elicit learning and establish feedback mechanisms into programme development.
- Represent DF in relevant internal as well as external fora.
- In collaboration with the DF communication team, develop communication materials to be used in DF’s external communication. This includes publications, brochures, bulletins, graphs, maps, statistics, photos, case studies, short videos, and documented project results and impact.
- Ensure that communication materials are informed by good technical analysis and necessary data and learnings.
- Perform other related tasks as required and assigned by the Country Director and/or Programme Coordinator.
- Respect and adhere to the DF code of conduct.
- Follow and promote the DF Vision, Mission and values in action and words.
- Have personal integrity and promote zero tolerance to corruption in all forms.
III. Job Requirements
Academic Qualification and work Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, project management, statistics or other relevant training fields. Master’s degree is an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years working with an NGO on MEAL. Experience in designing MEAL tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations are required while experience working on livelihood projects is an advantage.
Documented capacity in/knowledge on:
- English proficiency, written and oral
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative M&E methods and approaches
- Design of M&E tools, surveys, monitoring systems, and evaluations
- Statistics and data management
- Actions to contribute to elimination of poverty, injustice and discrimination due to gender.
- Project management and development
- Good facilitation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- General computer skills including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, Kobo Toolbox and data management
- Research skills
- Inter-personal and problem solving
- Be able to work under pressure and towards tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Promote team synergy in a multi-cultural work environment.
- A resourceful person and self-starter
- A mature, sensible, and open-minded person with mutual respect
- Be able to network effectively inside and outside of the organization.
- Be creative and work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task.
- Gender sensitivity
How to apply:
Please send your cover letter and CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org application will be reviewed on regular basis and DF might end the recruitment process before the deadline therefore, candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible
Deadline for application is 26/07/2021 4:00PM any application received after the deadline will not be considered.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2050 total views, 1 today