RE-ADVERT: Project Manager – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:20 May 2020
- Share job:
|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Location:||Hargeisa with frequent travel to project sites|
|Closing Date:||27th May 2020|
Network against FGC in Somaliland (NAFIS) is the national network for ending female genital cutting and empowering women in economic, social, and political by bringing sustainable development and positive social transformation based on respect for human rights and poverty reduction approaches (Self-help Group). The main tasks of the network are to advocate for ending FGC, Build Capacity of civil society organizations and government institutions, support FGC survivors for counseling and medication, and as well as empowering women and girls. Therefore, NAFIS is looking for a qualified project manager forcommunity-driven FGM abandonment and women’s empowerment project funded by the UN Trust Fund through the International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) with the following significant responsibilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with the Programme team of the organization, ISF, and member organizations as needed and will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the overall guidance of the project, nurturing smooth relationships among stakeholders.
- Record and maintain the documents, reports, monitoring data, and the correspondences related to the project.
- Introduce holistic work plan depicting yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily activities and share it with a Program officer
- Provide weekly updates, monthly reports, and any other types of reports required to the Program Officer.
- Engage with potential service providers, mainly consultants, draft the term of reference for the services to be rendered, negotiate, and draw the contract.
- Adhere to the laid policies of NAFIS and donor procedures and guidelines and other standers
- Assist in the preparation and logistical of the various events such as consultative meetings, workshops, data gathering, and taking the responsibilities of writing the minutes of these events.
- Document all progress related to his/her project and produce activity, monthly, quarterly, and final report towards the overall project performance.
- Professional qualification in project management/ business administration and development studies / social sciences
- Proven skills for leadership and team management
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 3-5years of professional experience of project cycle management, project controlling and community engagement
- Proven expertise on enhancing the status of women, preferably related to the prevention of gender-based violence and harmful practices
- Highly organized with creative talent and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to target different audiences and to tailor output accordingly.
- A dynamic, passionate, and creative manager
How to apply:If you meet the above requirements and qualifications, please submit your application that indicating your motivation, relevant experience, and salary expectationand your updated resume via e-mail not later than 27th May 2020 to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are particularlyencouragedto apply
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1667 total views, 1 today