Re-Advert: Trainer of Trainers for the Galkayo South TVET Project – Galmudug Region, Somalia
- Job category: Trainer/Teacher
- Post date:19 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 16 hours
- Share job:
RE-ADVERT FOR TOTs TO TRAIN LOCAL TVET
|Job Title||Trainer of Trainers (consultants)|
|Project Details||TVET Project for Galmudug State titled: “Promotion of employment of|
|former pastoral women, men and youth”|
|Project code: K-SOM-2020-0362|
|Number of TOTs||Four (4): 2 Male and 2 Female|
|Assignment||Train 8 local trainers (4 Male and 4 Female) in Galkayo on the developed|
|Curricula in various business, soft and management skills and learning|
|centered pedagogy and curriculum development.|
|Courses||Automotive Mechanic – Level 1, Electrical Installation – Level 1,|
|Masonry – Level 1, Front Office Operations – Level 1|
|Location||Galkacyo South, Galmudug Region|
|Reporting to||Project Manager|
|Duration of the||2 Months|
Centre for Peace and Democracy (CPD) with the support of DKH is implementing a market-driven Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) project targeting youth from vulnerable internally displaced people (IDPs) in Galkayo South District. The objective of the TVET Project is to improve access to market-driven skills training and employment opportunities for vulnerable young men and women. The TVET training will be implemented through Vocational Training Centers (VTC) in Galkayo South district of Galmudug State managed by CPD. To deliver vocational training apprenticeships, the intervention will collaborate with private sector small and medium enterprises. The project is also working with Galmudug Ministry of Education and other stakeholders through the recently formed TVET Working Group in the region with the overall goal of formalizing the TVET sector under the fold of the ministry.
CPD with the support of DKH therefore seeks to engage Four (4) qualified Trainers of Trainers (TOTs) with strong background in TVET training to train trainers using the developed TVET
curriculum in the Four professional courses listed above. The TOTs will be reporting directly to the CPD TVET Project Manager and the TVET Technical Advisor.
- Scope of work
The TOTs are expected to:
- Using the developed training modules, Train 8 local TVET instructors (4 Male and 4 Female) at CPD TVET Center in Galkacyo South in various business, soft and management skills and learning centered pedagogy and curriculum development Under each specific course (Automotive Mechanic – Level 1, Electrical Installation – Level 1, Masonry – Level 1, Front Office Operations – Level 1)
- Prepare detailed training plan as well as materials and submit before training commences.
- Maintain attendance of trainees during training.
- Provide weekly update of the training to CPD.
- Prepare comprehensive report of the training including pre and post evaluation.
- Together with the TVET Technical Advisor and CPD team develop plans for implementing knowledge acquired.
- Support the development of local trainers by organizing training sessions and monitoring of trainees in a teaching environment.
- Assess knowledge gap of trainees and prepare an appropriate training and development plan.
- Sharing knowledge with the trainees on the best practices in the field assigned for the skills.
- Approach and Methodology
The TOTs are responsible to come-up with his/her own methodology but should include the usual training methods such as:
- Short Lectures.
- Demonstrations and practical work.
- Group Discussions.
- Interactive Exercises.
- Team Activities.
- Provision of hand-out/materials.
- Coaching during Teaching.
The TOTs shall submit the following as deliverables / outputs over the course of the assignment:
- Assess knowledge gap of trainees and prepare an appropriate training
- Detailed training plan and materials to be used before training commences.
- Attendances of trainees during training.
- Weekly written updates of the training.
- Comprehensive report of the training including pre and post evaluation.
- Develop plans for implementing knowledge acquired by trainers.
- Support the development of local trainers by organizing training sessions, and monitoring of trainees in a teaching environment.
- Sharing Knowledge with the trainees on the best practices in the field assigned for the skills.
- A narrative report detailing the process, experiences and challenges encountered while carrying out the assignment and way forward.
- Qualifications and Proficiency Required from the TOTs The TOTs should meet the following criteria:
- At least 2 years of experience in providing academic training to instructors/learners, preferably in TVET.
- At least an Advanced degree in technical, vocational education and training or related field e.g., Automotive Mechanics, Electrical installation, Masonry and Front Office Operations.
- Understanding of the key issues involved in vocational education and training in the region, or specifically in Somalia.
- Evidence of CVs and passports as approve of subject experts.
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to read technical diagrams and instructions and drive a Training procedure
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills, with excellent command of spoken and written English. Same knowledge of Somali language would be an asset.
- Female candidates are higly encouraged to apply
- Duration and location of the Assignment
The assignment will be implemented in Galkacyo South, Galmudug region of Somalia. The duration of the assignment is planned at maximum 60 days including required travel days.
- Roles and responsibilities of the DKH/CPD and trainers
- Provide the required logistics and communication for the Trainers to access the field where required.
- Provide all the support, background materials and documents to support the TOTs in undertaking the planning and actual development of the curricula.
- Provide travels and accommodation during travels to and from Galkayo South (in case of traveling from Mogadishu or Nairobi)
The Trainer of Trainers (TOTs)
- Develop and share work plan on the training for progress monitoring by DKH and CPD.
- Deliver on all the indicated documentation as required in the deliverables schedule.
- Make daily/weekly progress reports based on set milestones to the TVET project Manager in charge of the project.
- How to Apply
Interested consultants (TOTs) who meet the consultancy requirements should submit the following;
- A cover letter (max. 1 page), expressing an interest in the assignment, why the trainer is the best fit for the assignment, availability and envisioned trainer fee.
- Curriculum Vitae with three (3) professional references.
- A valid identification document or visa/work permit to work in Somalia.
Please forward all aforementioned documents in one PDF document in English via E-Mail to:
email@example.com on or before 30TH November, 2021.
Subject ‘Trainer of trainers for the Galkayo South TVET Project’.
Incomplete applications will be considered inadmissible for further review by the selection panel.
For question on application process please contact the same email addresses above.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1007 total views, 1 today