Re-Advertisement: Child Protection Assistant – kebribayah, Sheder, Awbare, Somali Regional State Of Ethiopia
- Job category: Child Affairs
- Post date:6 Jan 2022
- Share job:
Supervising department: Child and Youth Protection and Development (CYPD)
DUTY STATION: Sheder , Kebri Beyah ,Awbare Refugee Camps
Position: 3Summary statement of responsibilities:
The position holder is responsible for implementing community-based child protection program in Awbare camp. The position holder will lead all aspects of the prevention and response activities of the program that include working with the community, psychosocial support activities and case management.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assist the team in the assessment of the living conditions of children in the camp and participate in the development of an appropriate strategy in addressing their needs.
- Facilitate the involvement of children and the community (leaders and parents) in the child-friendly space and document the progress made.
- Support (the incentive workers) team leaders and social workers in the monitoring, verification, and documentation of cases of children.
- Follow-up the preparation and implementation of case action plan and home visit conducted by the social workers.
- Carry out data Entry into the Child Protection Information System (CP IMS) database.
- Support the child protection officer in facilitating and organizing appropriate care arrangement, and suitable alternative care system with close supervision and attention to the individual concerns of children.
- Through working with CP committees identify potential foster families for unaccompanied and separated children in collaboration with social workers and community leaders.
- Organize and facilitate positive parenting weekly sessions.(Family Makes the Difference!)
- Assist the child rights clubs to demonstrate to the community and the concerning bodies about protection concerns that children are facing and promote the participation of children in all matters affecting their lives.
- Organize and lead psychosocial support activities at (the Safe Healing and Learning Space (SHLS).
- Work closely with the CP Officer in the celebration of international events days and other awareness-raising sessions.
- Participate in UNHCR, other partners, and the team leaders in conducting the Best Interest Assessment to ensure the needs of children are addressed.
- Support the preparation of budget, work, and spending plans, and PR tracking to supervise the accurate utilization of the budget and timely implementation of activities.
- Adhere and fully abide by the child protection code of conduct.
- Shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by supervisors.
Minimum skills qualifications
Apply basic to intermediate level knowledge of procedural and systems to perform the requirement of the job skills and knowledge typically acquired through a combination of job related training, some on-job experience and some formal education.
- 2 years of relevant work experience for diploma holders
- 0 year relevant work experience for first degree.
As per job Description
How to apply:
Internal Career Site
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible, also email address
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2196 total views, 1 today