Re-advertisement: Grants Specialist
- Job category: Grant/Budget/Funds
- Post date:4 Sep 2019
- Share job:
Re-advertisement Vacancy post
|Title:Grants Specialist- 1Position||Location:Mogadishu, Somalia||Duration:1 year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year development project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth throughout Somalia. The project is focusing on the agriculture, fisheries sectors with a focus on increasing productivity and profitability of key value chains.
- Conduct due diligence and pre-award assessment on potential grantees;
- Collaborate with the program, procurement, operations, and finance departments to deliver all grants and oversee them through liquidation and completion;
- Develop Timeframe of grants approval;
- Assist the Grants Manager to conduct a survey (pre- award survey) using a Business Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (BOCAT) to access potential recipient ability.
- Conduct SAM checks and other appropriate vetting practices before submission of the grant;
- Assist Grants Manager and Finance Manager to review grant application budgets;
- Document the negotiation process in the Memorandum of Negotiation;
- Assist the Grants Manager to establish Grants M&E system to monitor the dollar amounts, gender base of organization/individual, cost share contribution, environmental compliance, progress percentage for each grantee, and activity/intervention and type of each grant agreement;
- Conduct regular visits to the grantees to make technical and administrative checks on the grant implementation;
- Negotiate with grantees and determine reporting deadlines, milestone deliverables and financial obligations;
- Assist the Grants Manager to prepare grants implementation (progress) reports on a quarterly basis. The progress reports will include:
- Details on current and prospective requests for grant applications.
- Outline of application and evaluation process;
- Summary of active, completed, and closed grants and their development;
- Monitoring results summary, including actions taken (if any);
- Assist the Grants Manager to prepare grants pipeline (funds commitment, obligation, disbursement, and projections for the next quarter);
- Applications and recommendations related to the grant implementation schedule and/or policies and procedures.
- Assist with ad hoc reports when is requested
The Grants Specialist will report to Grants Manager and have a line management with Senior Operations Manager
- Provide guidance to support grant applicants in the procurement process and coordinate application evaluation for the selection committee;
- Assist the Grants Manager to conduct internal training sessions on grant processes including the preparation of grant application, financial management and reporting requirements;
Annual Program Statement:
- Publicize the Grants Under Contract (GUCs) and selection criteria through newspapers, radio, websites, and applicants’ conferences;
- Tabulate evaluation score sheets and finalize the list of recommended grants;
- Assist the Grants Manager to complete the pre-award evaluation process, which consists of verification of the information provided as part of the application, including pre-award survey, site visit, and reference checks for unsolicited grant application;
- Any other duties as required by the Grants Manager or Chief of Party.
- Degree in development studies, business administration, economics or any another relevant social science disciplines from an accredited university (Master’s degree preferred).
- 3+ years of Grants Management experience. Experience with similar projects is an advantage.
- Knowledge of working environment in Somali regions and experience working with Somali businesses/private sector actors;
- Ability to work within multi-national teams and well-honed representational skills including strong verbal and written communication capabilities;
- A proven ability to work collaboratively, lead negotiations, and reach a consensus among several private and public sector stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines;
- Experience designing capacity building events and facilitating training sessions for a variety of audiences;
- Able to travel to rural field sites for work purposes;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali required.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line Grants Specialist – Mogadishu.
Deadline by September 10, 2019.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1163 total views, 1 today