Re-Advertisement: Hospital Administrator – Mogadishu – Heliwa, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:6 Sep 2021
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia currently works in five regions; Banadir Regions (almost all districts), Bay, Bakol and Lower Shabelle in Southwest State, Middle Shabelle in HirShabelle State.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Hospital Administrator ( Re-Advertisement)
Report to: Medical Director
Location: Mogadishu Heliwa
The Hosptal Administrator will facilitate and provide overall supervision and management of patients, forge networks with other stakeholders and monitor, evaluate and report on activities at the hospital. He/She will also be responsible for planning and implementing activities within the hospital. In addition, the employee will coordinate the hospital activities and ensure that they conform to the goals and objectives of SOS.
Key Areas of accountabilities:
- Manage the hospital operations and activities to minimize disruptions to service delivery.
- Supervise and appraise line staffs to ensure efficiency in hospital operations.
- Ensure safety and security of hospital records and store all data in safe and secure.
- Hold regular reviews and assessments with all staff in the Hospital.
- Implement hospital digitization program, ICT infrastructure upgrade and implement patient management software system.
- Draw up daily schedules, addresses specific needs and requirements of the extended medical staff, and ensure that they are able to perform their primary duties professionally, diligently and with a humane touch.
- Monitor complaints and feedback mechanisms, take appropriate corrective actions and track performance of corrective actions.
- Ensure patients and clients are cared for in a safe, secure and clean environments and staff working environment is conducive.
- Supervise fees collection and charges from patients, keep income records and account for fee collection.
- Plan and implement catering services, handle staff welfare issues and ensure tea and refreshments are provided to staffs.
- Keep records of assets, registers, equipment & ensure maintenance of equipment.
- Participate in hospital annual program planning, kick offs, reviews and evaluations.
- Plan transport services, supervise rivers and perform servicing and maintenance of hospital transport.
- Contribute to program budgeting, proposal design and reporting
- Prepare in collaboration with section heads staff duty roosters, attendance sheets and monitor staff attendance.
- Interact and coordinate with doctors, physicians, surgeons, nurses, health information technicians, therapists, pharmacists and other health care professionals to facilitate quality medical care, treatment and rehabilitation of patients.
- Support the Medical Director, hospital section heads and Area Manager in program implementation.
- Engage with external vendors, suppliers, contractors and insurance firms to make services available to the hospital.
- He/she will also work with all SOS Children’s Village departments including HR department, Finance department, Office Administration, Logistic department and Monitoring and Evaluation department.
- Establish partnership with private sector, Universities, LNGOs and INGOs and other stakeholder for getting internship placement for the project targeted youth.
- The hospital administrator will prepare and sign RFQs, transport schedules/driver authorizations, approve stock requisitions in stock management system when delegated, initiative staff disciplinary procedures, supervise and account for income collection and prepare staff leave plans and duty roosters (Financial utilization) sign MD budget scheme of delegation limit if delegated to perform the role of acting Medical Director.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospital administration or degree in health related fields such as Nursing/Public Health/clinical medicine/health system management with a diploma in hospital administration
- 3-5 years of professional experience in hospital administration in a high volume national public hospital with health profession background
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Excellent command in Somali and English languages
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to this email email@example.com Indicating with the subject line of the position.
The closing date is 15th September 2021.
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Those who applied before are not eligible to apply again. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2209 total views, 2 today