Recruitment of Master Trainers and TVET Instructors (9 Positions) – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Education
- Post date:5 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 1 hour
- Share job:
Somaliland Ministry of Education and Science
Vacancies announcement: Recruitment of master trainers and TVET instructors
|Background||In Somaliland young people are disproportionately affected by poverty and unemployment. There are high expectations concerning education and employment. Also, there is a high unemployment in Somaliland and more than a half of the population are under 35 years of age. The current education system in place offers formal education opportunities to students from primary to secondary schools. The growing economy in the country requires skilled workforce and the government and NGOs run TVET centres has been the only production sources of the skilled workers in the country. However, the centres provide short-term employable skills to get into the labour market. In addition, one of the challenges in the provision of skills training is the lack of master trainers and qualified TVET instructors.
Somaliland Ministry of Education and Science in collaboration with GIZ aims to increase the efficiency and market orientation of TVET and help to tailor initial and further training to the needs of the different industrial and business sectors. Furthermore, policy advice will be linked to the development of a national qualification framework that underpin the quality management via certification and accreditation.
In this respect, the objective of the rehablitation of TVET program is to ensure that the supply of skilled labour with basic and higher qualifications is in a better position to satisfy the demand of the labour market in Somaliland. These will be realized through:
i. Improving the capacity of selected TVET centre to implement labour market-oriented basic and higher qualification programmes.
ii. Improving the quality of basic and higher qualification training programmes for selected occupational profiles through the development and implementation of modular training programmes.
iii. Promoting the preconditions for an institutionalized labour market-oriented TVET.
In that regard, Somaliland Ministry of Education and Science is planning to recruit master trainers and TVET instructors who will teach the occupational profiles of agriculture, car mechatronics and construction/ interior design.
|Objective of recruitment/Training||Master trainers will continuously train TVET instructors who will further teach students in Somaliland in the model school of Hargeisa Technical Institute.
Master-trainers will undergo a training in the area of vocational pedagogy, development of curricula, teaching and learning material and its use and also regarding the planned training of their respective TVET instructors. Both master trainers and TVET instructors will be under long-term employment as civil servants with Somaliland.
|Benefits of training||· Opportunity to be engaged in a highly developed training and mentorship
· To be a nationally certified master trainer or TVET instructor
· Up-skilling opportunity in the area of expertise.
|Terms:||· 40 working hours per week.
· 10 months work annually with 2 months leave.
|Start of employment:||01st Febraury 2021|
|Location:||Hargeisa Technical Institute, model TVET school in Hargeisa Somaliland.|
|Teaching hrs per week per Instructor:||· 20 hrs per week in teaching during the academic year of 2021
· 20 hrs in lesson and post training preparation, attending conferences, development of curricula, teaching and learning material, own training events and additional task at the decretion of the management.
|# of TVET Instructors required.||· 2 Instructors in Car mechatronic
· 2 Instructors in agriculture (plant and animal production)
· 2 Instructors in construction (architecture and/or interior decoration)
|# of Master Trainers.||· 1 master trainer in car mechatronic
· 1 master trainer in construction.
· 1 master trainer in agriculture.
|Duties and responsibilities of both TVET instructor /master trainers:||· Undertake all the necessary lessons preparation both theoretical and practical sessions.
· Applying learner centric, action oriented approach and deliver teaching assignments as per the curricula.
· Demonstrate interactive teaching and learning by organizing classroom and learning resources.
· Mentor and coach students during industrial apprenticeship.
· Maintain a good documentation and student records.
· Prepare post training student assessments.
· Ensure a regular formative assessment during the training.
· Adhere to school specific rules and regulations and teacher code of conduct.
· Take part curricula development related tasks.
· Attend conferences related to TVET and further tasks assigned by superiors (school management).
· Attend training both pre-and in-services teacher trainings.
|Duties and responsibilities specific for Master Trainers.||· Development of curricula for the relevant technical field together with international experts and local field experts, e.g. from the private sector.
· Attend trainings with international experts and train instructors according to their relevant occupational field.
· Support in teaching both theoretical and practical learning.
· Develop together with international experts a national and regional TVET initial and further training system.
· Support instructors in planning, implementation and post processing of lessons.
· Develop forms for documentation of students attendance, classes and results of student assessments.
· Offer teacher training in future.
|Qualification:||« Must have minimum bachelor’s or master’s degree in the fields
2. Mechanical engineering (Mechatronic)
3. Architecture/civil engineering from recognized universities.
« Must have practical experience in the fields of agriculture, car mechatronics or construction (architecture and/ or interior design/decoration) respectively.
« Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language.
« Passion for teaching and learning processes.
« Commitment and strong teamwork skills.
|Interested applicants are required to submit below documents:
In the application, please indicate the position you are applying for (TVET Instructor or Master trainer) and the occupational field you want to teach in (Car-mechatronic, Agriculture or Construction).
Applications can be physically addressed to:
Ministry of Education and Science
Department of Technical Vocational Education and Training.
Or electronically via: email@example.com
And copying: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not later than 18th January 2021
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, the program aims to have minimum 35% of female master-trainer and TVET instructors respectively.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
4179 total views, 5 today