Regional Finance and Administration Manager
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:27 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Position: Regional Finance and Administration Manager
Norwegian Church Aid seeks to recruit an experienced Regional Finance and Administration Manager to oversee the financial and administrative management processes for Kenya, Somalia and Eastern Africa regional programmes. This role will also be the lead for human resource in Kenya. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate good knowledge of HR practices in Kenya.
Reports to: Regional Representative for NCA Kenya, Somalia and Eastern Africa Regional
Duty Station: Programmes.
Start date:Nairobi, Kenya
Travel: 12 months, renewable upon availability of funding and successful probation period
The position will require some travel within the region especially Somalia
About Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
NCA is a diaconal organization established in Norway to work with people around the world to eradicate poverty and injustice. Our vision is Together for a Just World. The overarching goal for NCA in Somalia is to support development that promotes human dignity for the poor and for vulnerable groups through programmes that create greater participation, equality and protection. NCA provides humanitarian assistance and works for long-term development. To address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders. Our support is provided unconditionally, with no intention of influencing anyone’s religious or political affiliation. Most of our work is undertaken together with local civil society partners and faith actors. NCA’s operations will be guided by a new global strategy for the period 2020-2024.
About NCA Somalia
NCA Somalia 2020-2024 strategy will contribute to supporting people in need during emergencies and recovery, advocate for their rights and to build their resilience through the following programmes: Climate Resilience WASH, Gender Based Violence, Peacebuilding, Climate Smart Economic Empowerment and Education for Peace and Sustainable Development. NCA will also support strengthening of civil society and advocacy efforts. In addition, NCA responds to emergency humanitarian needs The target geographical areas in Somalia are: Gedo region- Jubbaland State, Lower Shabelle- Southwest State, Banadir Region- Mogadishu, and Puntland State. NCA implements projects directly and through partners.
About NCA Regional Peace Programme
NCA Regional Peace Programme (RPP) covers twelve (12) countries in the Horn and Great Lakes region of Eastern Africa Programme is implemented through a nested partnership between NCA and 5 Pan African and Sub-regional faith-based institutions and their national constituencies.
Through mutual capacity building and technical accompaniment, the Programme supports s actors (male and female leaders, women and youth) in efforts towards conflict prevention, mediation and reconciliation and enhancing women and young people’s roles in peacebuilding. The Programme also supports peace advocacy, knowledge generation, enhancement of thematic capacities as well as institutional strengthening.
- Provide strategic direction on financial and administrative matters, review policies and practices within the organization. The position will also lead HR matters in Kenyan office.
- Responsible for correctness and timeliness of all financial processes. Effectively and efficiently communicate financial information to management for decision making, to Donors, other stakeholders and Head Office in Norway.
- Oversee and lead all budgeting processes in close collaboration with the Regional Representative and program staff. Contribute to the development of annual work plans and proposals to donors.
- Ensure that internal financial and administrative controls are in place and continuously reviewed.
- Ensure internal risk mitigation measures are in place and adhered too.
- Oversee the financial component of grants management for all programs including NCA Partners.
- Coordinate and lead all audit and verification processes; these include annual interim and final organizational external audits, Donor sanctioned audits and internal assessments by NCA head office in Norway.
- Participate in the fundraising initiatives of all programs.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Oversee and enforce the application of all relevant statutory laws and financial regulations required in NCA’s operational areas.
- Provide information, advice and technical assistance to partners and staff on project related compliance issues such as financial reporting requirements.
- Supervise and mentor project operations and finance staff.
- Ensure NCA partners financial compliance and transparency is maintained.
- In charge of all HR matters in the Kenyan office; as per NCA guidelines and Kenyan law.
- Oversee administrative and logistics functions in the Kenya office.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent degree/s in finance, accounting, commerce, or closely related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of financial management and grants management.
- Previous work experience in Kenya and/or Somalia is an added advantage.
- Proven ability to manage and monitor a diverse staff in multiple locations.
- Familiarity with major institutional donor’s financial management requirements.
Other competencies and attributes
- Demonstrates well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills both verbal and written as well as negotiation skills
- Is able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Adherence to deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of word, Excel and Power Point
Language: Excellent spoken and written English.
Closing Date: 15th December 2019.
How to apply:
Applicants who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should submit an application letter indicating expected remuneration and attach copies of their CV and any other supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th December 2019.
Successful candidate will be expected to show commitment to NCA’s vision, mission, values and strategies.
NCA upholds the right of equal opportunity, and qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3148 total views, 16 today