Regional Logistic and Transport officer – Jigjiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:6 Apr 2021
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
To manage Concern worldwide Somali Region, emergency response project’s Transport & Logistics activities in line with professional principles and Concern Worldwide Ethiopia’s rules and regulation.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to the rules and regulations of (Transport, Procurement and warehouse policy) laid down by Concern worldwide- Ethiopia.
- Make sure office vehicles are serviced periodically as per Concern and manufacturer’s maintenance guideline and insure all repair and maintenance are as per Concern Ethiopia vehicles maintenance guideline.
- Check and review office vehicles repair and spare part bills and make sure the invoices are in accordance with the agreement before payment is effect.
- Collect daily and weekly transport plan from the users and organise the transport in cost effective way.
- Monitor office and rented vehicles daily movement and ensure that resources are effectively used for Concern interest only.
- Ensure dispatched program supplies/commodities are reached safely and get the necessary testimony documents from the final recipients.
- Develop daily fuel issue tracking sheet and ensure fuel drums are replenished before reaching the minimum stock level.
- Collect monthly log sheet for office, if any, and rented vehicles and evaluate each vehicle’s fuel consumption.
- Produce monthly transport report with all information like: Maintenance cost, fuel consumption, availability, utilization, accident/incident and need satisfaction.
- In case of accidents follow up necessary procedures (insurance company, traffic police, lawyer, reporting, visiting scene, etc)
- Make sure all the procurement processes are as per Concern Worldwide-Ethiopia and Donors procurement guideline.
- Make sure all purchase` files are maintained as per Concern Worldwide –Ethiopia Finance, Procurement and Store guideline.
- Update regularly SRTS (Supplies request tracking sheet) and liaised with RO Logistics unit for program’s SR progress.
- Maintain good stock records systems and make sure all relevant information are shown on the stock and bin cards as per Concern and donor’s guideline.
- Produce monthly consolidate stock report and check/inventory process is undertaken at all-time in accordance with Concern Worldwide- Ethiopia inventory guidelines.
- Make sure fixed assets in all office are updated and tagged as per Concern Ethiopia and Donors asset management guideline.
- Make sure all agreements like; vehicles maintenance, spare part and office rent are timely renewed.
- Monitor logbooks and vehicles charge out sheet of Drivers on a weekly basis ensuring that they are filled in properly fuel usage, KM analysis.
- Perform other duties assigned by the line manager for the accomplishment of programme objectives.
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
- Demonstrate understanding of Concern Ethiopia’s Gender Equality Strategy
- Contribute to ensuring that Concern Ethiopia is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
- BA Degree or College Diploma in accounting, management and related field of studies with minimum of three years or five years relevant experience respectively
- Profound experience in finance, administration, logistics
- Computer literate
- NGO experience in emergency projects is an advantage
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Good interpersonal skills and team player with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
What we offer
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
- 20 days annual leave
- 26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks (unpaid) parental leave
How to Apply
interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Apply in person at Concern Worldwide in Jigjiga office
only short list candidates will be contacted
Safeguarding at Concern: Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies. Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.
Women applicants are highly encouraged
Deadline: Apr 16, 2021
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1120 total views, 6 today