Relief and Partnerships Assistant – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:4 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Position: Relief and Partnerships assistant
Duration: Six months with possible extinction
Nature of the contract: Full time
Open for Somali nationals
Working place Mogadishu – Somalia
Deadline: 20 September 2021
About Qatar Charity **
Qatar Charity is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the Arabian countries and the world. It was established in 1992 for the purpose of developing Qatari communities and the surrounding destitute communities regardless of their race, gender and; cultural differences.
Qatar charity is active in a number of sectors significantly in sustainable development, fighting against poverty; and relief for the emergency afflicted situations. Qatar charity enjoys the consultative status with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation as it is a founding member of the Arab Network for Development in Cairo since 1999.
Qatar Charity enables people to survive, recover and rebuild their lives while also empowering them to become self-sufficient through practical knowledge, focused expertise and innovative solutions. We believe in fundamental dignity of everyone and work with all people regardless of their faith, race, gender or political beliefs.
QC has been active and operational in Somali since 2007 through its field office in Mogadishu. It has a portfolio of programs focusing on both humanitarian and development sectors. It works to promote social protection, promotion of better life and uplifting those affected by crises. It works and collaborates with all including federal and state level institutions, community leaders and civil societies to ensure that QC programs are designed and responds to priorities and gaps identified at local level.
The Main purpose of the recruitment:
Relief and Partnerships assistant will work under the direction of the program director and work to manage and implement QC relief and partnership projects in Somalia. He will be taking the lead role on designing, planning and implementation of relief assistants provided to the crises affected people living in Somalia. Also h/she will be required to actively engage active and potential partners working in the ground to ensure that QC interventions are implemented collaboratively to achieve value addition.
Key roles and responsibilities:
1) Contributing in the formation of relief project designs and preparing proposals for partnerships, as well as following up project initiatives and implementing action plans in cooperation with the concerned units.
2) Provide assistance in the preparation of the project budgets and keeping projects on budget lines in the best manner for the success of the projects.
3) Participate in the preparation of strategic plans according to the national and sector-based plan.
4) Explore available funding opportunities in Somalia and work to prepare required documentations and paper work accordingly.
5) Follow up ongoing relief projects and providing regular updates on project stages to the stakeholders.
6) Adjust and manage any changes in project scope, schedule or budget and mitigate potential risks.
7) Supervise and following up the field teams working on project implementation and provide them necessary guidance according to QC policies and procedures.
8) Attending coordination platforms and clusters to present office projects and experiences achieved from the field.
9) Prepare the annual and monthly action plans for the management of relief projects and participate in preparing proposals and project assessments for international partnerships.
10) Fulfilling any other competencies assigned by the direct supervisor within the nature of the work.
- Master’s /Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Project Management
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the field.
- Experience in Managing Projects.
- Knowledge of the working environment and local context.
- Experience on QC program delivery in Somalia.
Qualification that increases chances:
1) Excellent written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English.
2) Ability to manage complex teams.**
3) Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.**
4) Excellent in using MS Office, especially Word, Access and Excel. **
5) Qualified Qatar charity Sponsored graduates are highly encouraged.
How to apply
For those interested please send your CV, qualifications and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and specifically mention the applied position in the Subject.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2643 total views, 3 today