REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS: A Consultant to conduct a Training on Entrepreneurship in Las’nod.
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:23 Mar 2020
- Share job:
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit a Consultant to conduct a Training on Entrepreneurship in Lasnood.
- PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE CONSULTANCY
ADRA are seeking a consultant with expertise in entrepreneurship skills development to train 50 young entrepreneurs on the setup and running of business Lasanod district.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The specific objectives of this consultancy are;
- Conduct needs assessment on the trainees with regard to the courses they are training on/ have completed
- Prepare an inception report and training program which should include business planning, marketing, and basic bookkeeping.
- Prepare session plans and handouts
- Deliver the training through participative methodologies.
- Administer of training evaluation for each group.
- Write draft and final report –Include follow-up and implementation schedules as per provided report format.
- SCOPE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The training will be conducted at Lasanod town at the current location where the TVET students ae undergoing training or any other venue as may be organized. The first training will cover the students who have already graduated followed by the current cohort of students. The last group will receive their training after they start TVET lessons. The lessons should be tailored to the practical skills that various students have gained to help them be focused.
- EXPECTED CONSULTANCY DELIVERABLES
- 50 beneficiaries be trained in entrepreneurship.
- Inception report and training plan
- Draft Report – A draft report for the training covering key findings, conclusions, recommendations and lessons for the current and future operations. This will be reviewed by ADRA for initial feedback.
- Final Report – The final report (max 20 pages, excluding the preliminary pages and annexes), will contain a short executive summary (max 3 pages) and a main body of the report covering the background of the early warning interventions, limitations, findings, conclusions, best practices and recommendations.
The final report will be submitted one week after receipt of the feedback. (One in pdf version and the other in Microsoft word).
The training methodology to be applied should be practical, participatory and functional action oriented providing practical solutions. The training will be staggered and given to three clusters of the target 50 TVET students.
A qualified consultant is required for the assignment with the following basic requirements:
- Have minimum degree in economics or Business management
- Certified training of trainers
- Capacity to train people with low academic qualifications
- Over 5 year’s training –informal and formal
- Demonstrated experience and proven record in undertaking similar assignments
For the full Terms of Reference (TOR) please visit ADRA Somalia website www.adrasom.org. Interested persons should send a technical and financial proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st March 2020 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1716 total views, 7 today