REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS: A Consultant to conduct an assessment on value addition in Las’nod.
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:23 Mar 2020
- Share job:
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit a Consultant to conduct an assessment on value addition in Las’nod.
ADRA’s program strategy in its programs is to pursue a community empowering emergency/rehabilitation assistance where beneficiary communities are sensitized to own the development initiatives and actively participate in relief/rehabilitation/development activities. ADRA’s current program portfolio in Somaliland includes water and sanitation, education, food security/livelihoods and renewable energy. ADRA has implemented the planned activities following the Somaliland government national strategic plans. In this context, ADRA works in partnership with the line Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources and regional and other activity dedicated ministries and local authorities that fall under Sool region. A crucial component of the program is building up the capacities of the beneficiary communities and local governments to continue carrying out practices or activities that will improve the environment and lifestyles thereby enhancing their resilience.
- PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
ADRA is seeking a consultant to carry out an analysis of the local chain and products with the key item being the identification of gaps where value can be added for better returns to the pastoralists and farmers in Lasanod district.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY
The objectives of the consultancy will be to carry out an assessment at Lasanod on possible available value addition avenues that can be exploited to benefit the source of livelihood, both farmers and pastoral. The specific objectives of this consultancy are;
- Visit the target communities and their markets to hold discussions and document the market chain of their livestock, livestock products and farm produce.
- When the market chain is beyond the community level, make visits to the next level to ascertain and document.
Do indicate any value addition to the products at any stage of the chain.
- Identify options for pastoralist and farmers risk mitigation strategies
- SCOPE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The assessment and data collection will be carried out at Lasanod district for a period of 14 days.
The assessment will involve focus group discussions with pastoralists and farmers, key informant interviews and data collection questionnaire where possible. The consultant will design an appropriate and comprehensive methodology for review by ADRA to conduct the assessment.
- EXPECTED CONSULTANCY DELIVERABLES
- Assessment– The consultant will facilitate the data collection for a period of fourteen (14) days
- Draft Report –A report covering the data collected, analysis and recommendations.
- Final Report – The final report including limitations, findings, conclusions and recommendations and addresses issues raised on the draft report.
- The final report will be submitted one week after receipt of the feedback. (One in pdf version and the other in Microsoft word).
For the full Terms of Reference (TOR) please visit ADRA Somalia website www.adrasom.org. Interested persons should send a technical and financial proposal to email@example.com by 31st March 2020 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
762 total views, 4 today