REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) For Consulting Firm to Conduct AML/CFT Technical Compliance Analysis – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:25 May 2021
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: Consulting Firm to Conduct AML/CFT Technical Compliance Analysis
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: Jun 10, 2021
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2020/0008
- Background: The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) has been granted MENAFATF membership. The FGS will undergo a mutual evaluation against the FATF standards, carried out by MENAFATF, currently scheduled for the year 2024. Preparation for this evaluation requires the analysis of Somalia’s legal framework (laws, regulations, institutions, agencies, etc.) to determine its technical compliance with the FATF standards. This exercise involves the review of the implementation of the specific requirements of the FATF Recommendations, including the framework of laws, regulations and enforceable means; and the existence, powers and procedures of competent authorities, as well as domestic and international cooperation.
The work program will be coordinated and agreed to by the FRC focal point, the firm, the World Bank and the authorities based on the identified client needs. The firm will develop a detailed work plan for this project as part of the project deliverables. Exact dates for all key milestones will be agreed with the firm upon contracting. Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the work will be carried out remotely.
- Responsibilities: The successful firm will be tasked:
- With the support of the FRC and other competent authorities, gather all existing legislation, regulations, proclamations, memorandums, or guidelines that make up the current Somali AML/CFT system.
- In coordination with the FRC and the World Bank, analyze the AML/CFT system against the FATF revised standard of 2012 using the FATF methodology of 2013 (to include subsequent updates) to determine Somalia’s current technical compliance with the FATF standards.
- Draft a report in which Somalia’s legal and institutional framework, powers and procedures of the competent authorities are assessed and weighed against each criterion enumerated in the FATF methodology, using the same template used for mutual evaluations by FATF and FATF style regional bodies.
All other specific tasks detailed in in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.so and link https://mail.mof.gov.so/publication/terms-reference-consulting-firm or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below.
- Duration: The contract will cover 60 working days total, with the option to extend by up to 20 working days.
- The Ministry of Ministry of Finance now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff etc.). The shortlisting criteria are as follows:
- Core business of the firm and years in business.
- Specific experience in successfully implementing similar assignments (A solid understanding of AML/CFT risks and experience working and implementing a risk-based approach in their relevant field. Experience participating in at least one mutual evaluation as an assessor either with the FATF, IMF, World Bank or a FATF style regional body (FSRB);
- Experience of relevant services in an environment similar to that of Somalia
- Technical and managerial organization of the firm (provide only the structure of the organization, general qualification and number of key staff). Do not provide CVs of key staff. Key experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage
- Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017-August 2018 and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 6. Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualification but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by Jun 10, 2021 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
946 total views, 2 today