REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) For Legal and Regulatory Expert – Mogadishu
- Job category: Legal Affairs
- Post date:28 Jan 2020
- Job expires in: 13 days
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somali Core Economic Institutions and Opportunities Project
Assignment Title: Legal and Regulatory Expert
Duty Station: Mogadishu
Deadline Date: February 29,2020
Ref No. MoF/SCOR/EOI/2020/0001
- Background:The purpose of the central bank legal and regulatory expert is to support reviewing the existing institutional and legal framework for central banking in Somalia, to identify gaps, determine the extent of constraints on effective central bank operations due to these gaps and provide recommendations and support implementation of possible reforms.
This encompasses specialized legal and regulatory analysis of legal risks and legality assurance to the CBS management. As part of a team being assembled by the CBS, the central bank legal and regulatory expert will advise the CBS management on how to cost-effectively structure and organize the legal services unit at the CBS.
- Responsibilities:The successful candidate will be tasked to Conduct detailed analysis of legal and regulatory analysis on central bank operations and provide legality assurance to the Governor and senior management in relation to planned restructuring of CBS. Detailed in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.soand linkhttps://www.mof.gov.so/sites/default/files/202001/Revised%20ToR_Legal%20Advisor_Final.pdfor can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below.
- Duration:The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from starts date.
- Selection Criteria: The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- Professional legal qualification as a Solicitor or Barrister from recognized university
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification working experience, preferably in Banking sector, governments or multi-national organizations;
- Demonstrated working experience in corporate legal departments, governments or in the financial sector;
- Detailed knowledge and specialist experience of litigation and administrative/regulatory law, including regulatory and administrative processes
- Proven ability to display sound judgment and problem solving skills in making key legal and operational decisions.
- Strong team ethic as work will involve close interaction with colleagues in the Division and with external stakeholders.
- Proven interpersonal relations as well working experience in post-conflict countries;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge in both English and Somali languages.
- The Ministry of Ministry of Financenow invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing theabove-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- 6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011) (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Please visit www.worldbank.org setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 1.9 of Consultant Guidelines.
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (revised July 2014) – Selection of Individual Consultant.
8.Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission:Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by February29,2020 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: email@example.com
Copy this email :firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
829 total views, 12 today