REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI) The Design, Development and Implementation Of An Electronic Management Information System For Accountable Documents (Emis – Ad), An Enterprise Electronic Office And Document Management System (Eodms) And A Cash Management System/Database For The Office Of The Accountant General. – Mogadishu
- Job category: Technical Affairs
- Post date:4 Feb 2020
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: The Design, Development and Implementation Of An Electronic Management Information System For Accountable Documents (Emis – Ad), An Enterprise Electronic Office And Document Management System (Eodms) And A Cash Management System/Database For The Office Of The Accountant General.
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: February 14,2020
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2020/0004
- Background:In view of a number of public financial management reforms being undertaken and spearheaded by the Office of the Accountant General (OAG), an organizational review was conducted to provide new structures that would help the OAG to deliver its legal and operational mandate.
The OAG mandate involves the production of timely, reliable and accurate financial management information for Government and the Control and safeguard of the FGS public funds and resources. Core functions of the OAG include:
- Overseeing operations of Financial Management Systems across FGS MDAs
- Production of timely, accurate and reliable financial management information
- Developing and overseeing public resources and expenditure frameworks and policies
- Maintaining and managing public accounts and the debt register
- Management of fiscal data for Government Departments and Agencies
To carry out the above functions, the restructuring of the OAG has established seven departments. The seven departments are: External Assistance and Fiduciary Section (EAFS); Treasury Management; Public Sector Accounts and Reporting; Internal Control & Compliance Advisory; Finance, Administration and Personnel; and the Financial Management Systems. Each department is headed by a Director. The FGS intends to hire a Consulting Firm (hereafter the Consultant) for the design, development and implementation of EODMS, Cash Management and Forecasting System and EMIS – AD.
- Responsibilities:The successful firm will be tasked to to design, develop and implement 1) an electronic office document management system (EODMS) to enable the OAG to perform its duties more efficiently and effectively and also be able to move towards a paperless office environment, 2) a Cash Management system/ database that will enable the Cash Management Unit (CMU) to perform its duties and responsibilities more efficiently and 3) an Electronic Management Information System for Accountable Documents (EMIS – AD) controlled by the Office of the Accountant General to ensure that all such documents are properly managed and accounted for.
All other specific tasks detailed inin the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be foundat the following website: www.mof.gov.soand link https://www.mof.gov.so/sites/default/files/2020-01/ToR%20for%20the%20Design%2C%20Development%20of%20%20EODMS%2C%20Cash%20Management%20System%20and%20EMIS%20%E2%80%93%20AD_Consultancy%20firm.pdfin person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below.
- Duration:The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from starts date.
- The Ministry of Ministry of Finance now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff etc.). The shortlisting criteria are as follows
- Ccore business of the firm and years in business.
- Specific experience in successfully performing similar assignments;
- Experience of relevant services in an environment similar to that of Somalia; and
- Technical and managerial organization of the firm (provide only the structure of the organization, general qualification and number of key staff). Do not provide CVs of key staff. Key experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
5.Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 6. Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualification but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection(QCBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
8.Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission:Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by e-mail) by February14,2020 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
712 total views, 1 today