REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES For Recruitment of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for Somale Regional Hub
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:21 Apr 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES -INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
Somali Regional State Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency
Urban Productive Safety Net and Job Project (UPSNJP)
Grant Number D732-ET
Assignment Recruitment of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for Somale Regional Hub
Ref #. ET-SOMALE-209360-CS-INDV
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has received financing from the World Bank to the cost of the Urban Productive Safety Net and Job Project (UPSNJP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The Consulting Service (The Services) include plan, coordinate and facilitate all M&E related activities of the UPSNJP. He/she will be responsible for: implementing UPSNJP M&E and reporting systems in UPSNJP participating regions, cities and JOBFSA; monitoring and supervising UPSNJP participating cities during implementation of M&E and reporting systems; and capacity building for regional urban development bureaus and cities in areas involving UPSNJP monitoring, evaluation and reporting and participation of citizens in City development; and coordinate capturing and documenting of learning. The procurement Specialist among others will have the following duties and responsibilities:
The services include:
- Coordinate with the UPSNJP M&E Officers and other implementing agencies at regional and city levels in maintaining a monitoring and evaluation system for the cities to ensure that verifiable data is supplied, analyzed, and reported as required.
- Provide feedback on existing M&E guidelines and implement formats for monitoring.
- Prepare results based Monthly, Quarterly Progress Report, Semi-Annual Report, Annual Report and other relevant reports (e.g. Annual Performance Report) for UPSNJP according to the M&E reporting criteria; in October, January, April, and July not later than 10 days of the end of each quarter.
- Coordinate and support surveys, impact evaluation and other project related surveys and studies.
- Collect and aggregate data from each city for regular monitoring.
- Ensure high-quality reporting by cities and provide trainings (in collaboration with federal M&E and capacity development team) in cases where quality is lacking.
- Regularly follow-up on and report project implementation progress as per the key performance indicators.
- In coordination with the federal M&E identify training needs for monitoring and evaluation and arrange and conduct training projects for relevant project consultant at regional and City levels.
- Advise the regional Project Coordinator on all aspects relating to provision of up to date project management information;
- Assist cities and regions in the preparation of M&E reports, consolidate and submit quarterly monitoring and evaluation reports to the Project Coordinator;
- Consolidate and submit Semi-Annual Reports for UPSNJP for period not later than the 1st week of February each year.
- Prepare and submit to UPSNJP, Annual Performance Report for UPSNJP for period July to July not later than August 7 each year.
- Review and comment on M&E reports of cities and regions and assist cities and regions as necessary to ensure the quality of the reports.
- Work with UPSNJP team members and other Project implementing partners to familiarize them with key performance indicators of the UPSNJP.
- Participate in M&E and other training courses as appropriate.
- Familiarize self with the UPSNJP Project Implementation Manual and other manuals and Guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with UPSNJP PIM.
- Support cities and regions in entering data into the MIS
- Undertake data quality checks of data entered into the MIS
- Collaborate and closely work with other Federal Project Coordination Unit (PCU) team in general and specifically with M & E specialists.
- Follow up the implementation of accountability database and reporting
- Follow up the implementation of data quality assessment tool at all levels. Assuming that DQA toll will be part of the M&E system of the project
- Perform other duties assigned by the Project Coordinator and/or regional responsible authorities.
The assignment will be a one year contract, with possible extension upon satisfactory performance of the consultant.
Somali Regional State Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency now invite eligible individual consultants/Specialists to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualification and Experience as Monitoring and Evaluation consultant/ Monitoring and Evaluation specialist specifically in World Bank financed project and their capability on the basis of academic background, general and relevant experience, and knowledge of local condition.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section V para 5.1 to 5.6 of The World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised July 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the individual consultant selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Remunerations: will be as per the Ministry of Finance the channel one salary scale.
- MSc/MA/BSc/BA degree or equivalent in social sciences, economics, management, social work, sociology, development studies or a related field; Master’s Degree that include Project management and monitoring and evaluation preferred.
- A minimum of 6/8 years’ experience in implementation of projects and M&E for masters and bachelor respectively, preferably Project/Project management, including experience in similar Projects and geographic areas, with 5 years of experience in aspects of project management involving monitoring and evaluation systems and capacity building for M&E.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Amharic, excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent command of computer projects and applications with significant capabilities in computerized database, spreadsheet constructions.
- Excellent change management skills and strong commitment to sharing expertise and experience in order to develop others (helping others to achieve goals), resolving conflict successfully.
- Knowledge of the urban sector issues in Ethiopia is an advantage.
- Experience in capturing and documenting qualitative results
How to Apply
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:30 am to 12 in the morning and from 2:00 to 5:00 pm local time in the afternoon.
Expressions of interest (including recent and compressive CV with a letter of application and other relevant supporting documents) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by May 7, 2021 on or before 4:00pm
The address:-Attn: – Faisal Shukri
Somali Regional State Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agency
Jigjiga, In front of Somali Region Management Institute
Telephone number +251 915 06 6819
Country: – Ethiopia
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
686 total views, 16 today