Request for Proposal – Individual Consultancy for Facilitation of Workshop and Training to Strengthen Farmer Associations in Puntland, Somalia
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:8 Sep 2021
- Share job:
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL – Individual Consultancy for Facilitation of Workshop and Training to Strengthen Farmer Associations in Puntland, Somalia.
Opening Date: 06th September 2021
Closing Date: 21st September 2021
Please see complete REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL and BIDDING DOCUMENTS at the following link:
Tender No: REF: FSSFS CEFA 20
SECTION 1 – LETTER OF INVITATION TO SUBMIT TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL PROPOSALS
Re: Individual Consultancy for Facilitation of Workshop and Training to Strengthen Farmer Associations in Puntland, Somalia. **
- The European Committee for Training and Agriculture (“CEFA”) has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (“IFAD”) for Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations (FSSFS) Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this grant to eligible payments under this contract, for which this Request for Proposal is issued.
- CEFA invites you to submit technical and financial proposals in accordance with the documents attached to this letter and the annexed Terms of References (TOR). The Client intends to hire an Individual Consultant (the “***Consultant***”) to provide consultancy services for Facilitation of Workshop and Training to Strengthen Farmer Associations in Puntland, Somalia.
- The Consultant may sub-contract selected activities provided that said services do will not exceed 20% of the total consultancy work.
- A Consultant will be selected under Selection Based on the Quality Cost Based Selection (QCBS)method in accordance with the procedures set out in the IFAD Procurement Handbook which are provided on the IFAD website.
Terms of Reference
Individual Consultancy for Facilitation of Workshop and Training to Strengthen Farmer Associations
IFAD and AICS funded Project: Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations
Terms of Reference (ToR) for the consultancy on: “Individual Consultancy for Facilitation of Workshop and Training to Strengthen Farmer Associations”
Project name: Food Security and Sustainability in Fragile Situations (FSSFS)
Title of the consultancy: Individual Consultancy for Facilitation of Workshop and Training to Strengthen Farmer Associations
Duration of the consultancy:
3 months – From October 2021 to December 2021**
The European Committee for Training and Agriculture (CEFA) is an International Italian Non-Governmental Organization established in 1972 and active in 10 Countries in Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CEFA’s medium- and long-term interventions in agricultural, environmental and Human Rights sector are focused on the sustainable development of the communities, achieved by involving local counterparts and by promoting the active participation of the beneficiaries.
Overview of the FSSFS project
The overall goal of the project is to sustainably improve food security, nutrition and livelihoods and to build resilience among vulnerable households and their communities. The development objective is to increase targeted households’ income through improved agricultural production, mainly focusing on the palm dates value chain, and livestock productivity.
The following outcomes are expected:
- Irrigation Infrastructures are constructed/rehabilitated as well as properly managed, and climate-smart technologies are adopted (in both Yemen and Somalia).
- The production of selected crops is increased (both quality and quantity), and processing and marketing of palm dates in Somalia and vegetables in Yemen is sustainably improved.
- Rangeland and small ruminant productivity in project areas of Puntland is increased.
The project consists of the activities grouped under tree components as described below:
Component A: IRRIGATION AND CLIMATE-SMART TECHNOLOGIES DEVELOPMENT
● Support to the sustainable management of the irrigation infrastructures.
● Construction and Rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructures.
● Application of climate smart technologies for irrigation infrastructures.**
Component B: SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE AND LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT
B1: SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT
● Training farmers on sustainable agriculture practices and techniques, with a specific focus on the palm dates value chain.
● Support in developing a private sector led supply of inputs.
● Value chain capacity building for private sector traders, businessmen and producers.
● Establishment of a date processing unit.
B2: SUSTAINABLE LIVESTOCK DEVELOPMENT
● Value chain capacity building for private sector traders, businessmen and producers**
● Introduction and adoption of a ‘Holistic Natural Resources Management’ (HNRM) approach for sustainable management of rangelands
● Increase small ruminant productivity through genetic improvement and feed technology.**
● Capacity building for public (Veterinary Officers) and private (CAHWs – Community Animal Health Workers) and public veterinary service providers on disease control.**
● Deployment of a methodology for Livestock Body Condition Scoring and Assessment**
Component C: CAPITALIZATION OF KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
● Promote and strengthen collaboration with agricultural extension service providers and local authorities through short courses, workshops and provision of critical research inputs
● Capitalization of Knowledge and Documentation of Best Practices
Main Objectives of the consultancy
The consultancy “Facilitation of Workshop and Training to Strengthen Farmer Associations” will be part of the implementation of project sub-component B2 “Sustainable Agriculture”. In particular, the consultancy will contribute towards the capacity building of the date palm value chain actors in Puntland.
The main objective of this consultancy is to strengthen Bari and Nugal farmer associations’ capacity to:
· Demonstrate a good understanding of the concepts, principles and importance of financial and record keeping in their respective associations
· Understand and apply key concepts in financial management and bookkeeping.
· Gain financial knowledge necessary to make better financial decisions.
· Be familiar with various internal controls including legal responsibilities and compliance reporting roles.
· Have enhanced and reinforced executive’s role in managing conflicts of interests and running effective FA meetings
· Equip the executive with the hands-on skills and conceptual knowledge needed to direct and provide excellent service to internal and external stakeholders
· Internalize the concepts and importance of financial management and bookkeeping to enhance organizational performance.
· Be equipped with effective skills for managing and resolving conflicts between the members.
Duration and Timeline of the consultancy
The proposed duration of the contract is 4 months. The tentative timeline for the implementation is as follows:
Description of the Activities of the consultancy
The activities to be implemented are as follows:
1. Development of Training materials
The consultant shall develop a detailed curriculum for the delivery of the workshop and training sessions to the Farmer Associations. The curriculum shall be developed to achieve the “Expected Outcomes” of the assignment indicated as specified in this ToR (see page 4).
2. Delivery of 14 full days of training/workshop to farmer associations representatives (7 sessions with the Nugal Farmer Association and 7 sessions with the Bari Farmer Association)**
The consultant shall organize, in collaboration with CEFA Area Manager in Puntland, and deliver to the representatives of the Bari and Nugal Farmer Associations 20 full-day workshop and training sessions, based on the curriculum and training materials approved by CEFA. The selected representatives of each association will attend 10 workshop sessions (10 sessions with the Nugal Farmer Association and 10 sessions with the Bari Farmer Association) that will include working groups and practical demonstration and exercises.
4. Final Report
The consultant shall prepare and submit to CEFA a final report with the description of the actual work done. The content and structure of the report must include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following sections: a) executive summary, b) dates and number of training sessions conducted, c) participants and attendance list signed by each participant, d) training contents and delivery e) training outputs and results, f) recommendations, challenges and lessons learnt, g) workshops’ pictures. Any training handout materials and/or minutes produced during the delivered sessions should be included as Annex
Expected Deliverables of the consultancy
The expected deliverables are as follows:
1) Deliverable 1: Submission of a draft training curriculum and ad-hoc training materials for the successful implementation of the proposed activities. The curriculum must include the proposed training modules, materials, duration, and methodology. Training materials must be prepared in both Somali end English languages.
2) Deliverable 2: Submission of the final training curriculum and materials. The consultant shall submit the revised documents within 3 working days after receiving feedback from CEFA. Revised training materials must incorporate any requests for integration/amendment and recommendations from CEFA
3) Deliverable 3: Submission of a list training participants, allowance form, minute of the training workshops and meetings held, draft Training Report. The content and structure of the report must include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following sections: a) executive summary, b) dates and number of training sessions conducted, c) participants and attendance list signed by each participant, d) training contents and delivery e) training outputs and results, f) recommendations, challenges and lessons learnt, g) trainings/workshops/meetings’ pictures. Any training handout materials and/or minutes produced during the delivered sessions should be included as Annex.
4) Deliverable 4: Submission of Final Training Report: The consultant will submit a revised final report to CEFA within a week after receipt of CEFA comments and requests for integration, amendments and/or clarification. The content and structure of the report must include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following sections: a) executive summary, b) dates and number of training sessions conducted, c) participants and attendance list signed by each participant, d) training contents and delivery e) training outputs and results, f) recommendations, challenges and lessons learnt, g) trainings/workshops/meetings’ pictures. Any training handout materials and/or minutes produced during the delivered sessions should be included as Annex. CEFA will provide feedback which must be incorporated into the final report. This process will continue until CEFA is satisfied with the final report.
Reports should be submitted in Microsoft Word format, in UK English. All text should be unformatted. Graphs or other graphical devices should be editable (i.e. not pictures). All references must be cited according to convention, and detailed in a bibliography, using the Harvard system as set out in theUNESCO Style Manual. All verbatim quotations must appear in quotation marks and must not be of excessive length. All data collected under the consultancy must be submitted with the deliverables, in a widely recognized format such as Microsoft Excel*.*
Everything submitted to CEFA must be the original work of the consultants. Any plagiarism in any form, or any other breach of intellectual property rights, will automatically disqualify the consultant from receiving any further payments under the contract by CEFA, and CEFA will seek to recover any payments already made.**
All participants in any study or other interaction will be fully informed about the nature and purpose of the interaction and their requested involvement. Informed consent must be obtained for any photographs, audio or video recordings, etc., in accordance with CEFA’s policy on consent. In addition, the consultant will follow an ethical framework for research in working equids by observing 4 principles: nonmaleficence, beneficence, autonomy and justice for participation of equids owners.
Method of payments and Instalments
- 1st installment – 10% of the total amount will be paid upon completion of Deliverable 1
- 2nd installment – 20% of the total amount will be paid upon completion of Deliverable 2.
- 3rd installment – 30% of the total amount will be paid upon completion of Deliverable 3.
- 4 installment – 40% of the total amount will be paid upon completion of Deliverable 4.
The payments will be made by direct bank transfer in the name of the consultant or firm as indicated in the signed contract. The consultant or firm is exclusively responsible for the payment of any due taxes in the country of operations. No other benefits shall be admissible beyond what is stipulated in the contract nor does it guarantee a regular position in CEFA.
The Consultant will be responsible for their own insurance during the period of the contract and CEFA will not be responsible for any injuries or damages incurred during the assignment. The contractor will also meet their own communication and incidental costs.
Required Qualifications of the Individual Consultant
CEFA seeks to engage a consultant who must be a social scientist with excellent skills in organization development and project management with experience in working with rural based community organizations.
· Should demonstrate a wide knowledge of organizational development of small-scale farmers associations/cooperatives, with previous experience working in Somalia, particularly in Puntland.
· Should at least demonstrate 2/3 years’ experience in conducting similar training for farmer organizations in Puntland or elsewhere in Somalia.
· Experience (at least 5 years) in organization assessments and capacity building.
· Demonstrate excellent facilitation, coordination and negotiation skills.
· Communication skills in Somali and English, oral and written.
· Exhibit good report writing and analytical skills
The contract manager for CEFA Kenya and Somalia is: Vincent Nyaibari – CEFA Procurement and Logistics Officer
The contact person in CEFA Kenya and Somalia Offices for the implementation of the FSSFS Project is:Abdikani Said Yusuf – CEFA Area Manager. He will be responsible in guiding the consultant on undertaking the task.
● In the event that, additional time is required to complete the assignment, over and above that previously agreed to, without changing the scope of work, then it has to be agreed with CEFA in writing.
Confidentiality of all the assignment will be assured at all times.
How to apply
- Submission Procedure: Please submit your Technical and Financial Proposal using the forms provided for this purpose within this Request for Proposals (RFP). Your proposal should comprise one (1) original and one (1) copy of both the technical and financial proposals to the address provided below.**
- The Technical and Financial proposals shall be submitted no later than 5.00 pm EAT of 21/09/2021 to the address below:**
CEFA Regional Office in Nairobi
Brookside Close, off Brookside Grove
Attn: Fulvio Giberti – CEFA Project Manager
Or alternatively to the following email address:
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1391 total views, 1 today