REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)FOR PROJECT CLOSE-OUT AUDIT SERVICES – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:12 Jul 2020
- Share job:
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)FOR PROJECT CLOSE-OUT AUDIT SERVICES
Project Name: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
Audit location: Mogadishu Somalia
Donor: Somalia Stability Fund (SSF)
Implemented by: Daryeel Bulsho Guud -DBG (Community Care for All)
Project duration: 1ST August 2018to 30th May2020
Daryeel Bulsho Guud -DBG (Community Care for All), is a non-political and non-profit humanitarian relief and development organization working to save lives, promote self-reliance and dignity through human transformation going beyond relief and development and is headquartered in Mogadishu Somalia. DBG as a Somali-owned national organization stands for restoration of dignity and hope for the less-privileged and beleaguered youth and women who are weak to violence and vulnerable to natural disasters.
DBG is inviting qualified audit firms to submit a proposal to conduct an audit of the DBGSomalia Stability Fund (SSF) funded project. Your proposal could form the basis for a contract between your firm and Daryeel Bulsho Guud (DBG).
- Objective of the assignment
The objective of the audit is to assess whether the financial report for the project (referred to as the Combined Delivery Report) presents fairly the expenditures for the project and that the funds were utilized for the purposes described in the project document and work plans. The auditors shall provide his or her independent opinion as to whether: – a) the project funds received and expenditures incurred during the project duration were for the purpose intended. b) Project books of accounts were kept based on the project agreement, c)that financial transactions therein reflect a true record of the transactions that took place during the period. d) Adequate Internal Control processes and systems were maintained by DBG during the period under the audit.
- Scope of work
The GESI project audit will be conducted in accordance with international standards on auditing and among other things, the auditor will identify and assess any risks related to material misstatement of financial statements, obtain sufficient appropriate audit evidence on the assessed risks, address appropriately identified risks.
Specifically the auditor shall:
- Confirm if project funds have been used in accordance with the conditions of the relevant financing agreements and disbursement letters. In doing so, pay due attention to economy, efficiency and the purposes for which the financing was provided.
- Establish the extent to which Goods, works, and services financed by the project funds have been procured in accordance with the relevant financing agreements including specific provisions of SSF Guidelines.
- Establish if all supporting documents, records, reconciliations and accounts have been kept in respect to all projects activities including expenditures reported via the projects quarterly reports. Clear linkages should exist between the accounting records and bank statements.
- Review and confirm that DBG fully reconciled the project financial statements.
- The project accounts have been maintained in accordance with the provisions of the project agreement.
- The projects financial statements have been prepared in accordance with relevant guidelines.
- Ascertain if the project financial statements give true and fair view of the financial positions of the projects over the period under the audit
- Review the compliance to the project grant agreements
- Establish and confirm if the financial performance of the projects were satisfactory
- Establish that the assets purchased from the projects proceeds are recorded and proper records maintained
- Establish that the year end balances in cash and at the bank accounts are correct
- Check that project funds received from the Bank under the projects as well as from other donors are maintained under separate ledgers (books)
- Check the robustness and adequacy of the projects management against the documented processes in the projects documents
- Confirm the existence of transactions and or audit trail in the financial information flows
- Verify that the project financial statements have been prepared in accordance with the agreed accounting standards and give a true and fair view of the financial position of the respective project at the end date.
- Audit report
The audit report, will include an opinion on the project financial statements as follows:
- Give comments and observations on the accounting records, systems, and controls that were examined during the course of the audit;
- Identify specific deficiencies and areas of weakness in systems and controls and make recommendations for their improvement;
- Report on any compliance issues with the project financing agreement;
- Technical proposal
The technical proposal must provide the following information, but is not limited to:
|Past Performance of the Firm||Detailed and specific experience of the firm in undertaking similar engagements; Provide at least three Reference letters of similar assignments conducted in the last three years of similar scope. Provide list of clients served over the last 3 years indicating the nature of service provided and duration of work||20%|
|Technical Approach||A description of the approach and plan of execution which the firm proposes to perform the assignment. Any comments on or suggestions for improving the Terms of Reference may be provided; Review approach and methodology. Demonstration of the approach to the approach to be used and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation including the use audit tools Demonstrated effectiveness in conducting audit, evaluation or investigation of government organizations/projects, private sector entities, donor organizations/project and civil society||40%|
|Work plan||Proposed assignment plan, demonstration of the understanding of the assignment expectation and high-quality proposal||10%|
|Key Personnel||The proposed individual/staff team to be deployed for the assignment, the tasks which are proposed to be assigned to each team member, and the allocation of time to each team member; At minimum the proposed required Key Personnel are;
Partner: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Professional qualifications in accountancy (CPA or ACCA) and at least 6 years’ audit experience with experience servicing international organizations in the development world. Certification in Internal Audit (CIA) will be an added advantage.
Manager: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Professional qualifications in accountancy (CPA or ACCA) and at least 6 years’ audit experience with experience servicing international organizations in the development world. Certification in Internal Audit (CIA) will be an added advantage
Senior Auditor: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Professional qualifications in accountancy (CPA or ACCA), at least 4 years’ audit experience with experience servicing international organizations in the development world.
Curriculum vitae and certificates for proposed key staff must be attached.
- Financial proposal
The financial proposalmust be supported with a breakdown analysis by providing the following information, but is not limited to:
- Professional fees chargeable per audit with an indication of the charge out rate and time allocated
- Breakdown of the fees and disbursements.
- Price must be quoted in US Dollars (USD)
- All applicable taxes (VAT and withholding taxes) shall be included
- If the financial proposal is silent on taxes, DBG shall assume that these are inclusive
- Financial proposal shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure
- Bidders Must provide complete financial costing for the entire assignment
The Price Schedule must provide on specific expenditures service fees, which may or may not be required or applicable but are indicated to serve as examples.Estimated fees per amount in USD
- $ 300,001- $ 600,000
- $ 600,001- $ 1,000,000
- $ 1,000,000-$ 1,300,000
- Proposals MUST be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or before the deadline of 21-July-2020
- Technical proposal and financial proposal shall be submitted as separate attachment.
- Proposal must be provided in English Language
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1896 total views, 1 today