Resilient Project Officer – Erigavo/Burao – Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:11 Jan 2022
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
VACANT POSITIONs: Resilient Project Officer(1position)
Closing date: January 24th, 2022
Reporting to: Livelihood Program Manager
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Location: Burao with frequent travel to Erigavo
The Agricultural Development Organization – ADO – was established in 1993 andhad expanded its activities to the early recovery and development. The ADO has its Head Office in Hargeisa with the regional branch offices in Burao, Borama, and Erigavo of Togdheer, Awdal, and Sanaag regions.Besides, the ADO is currently expanding its programs and presence in the Somali Ethiopia Region, South-central, and Southern Somalia. ADO is an active member of the main local umbrella groups, namely, NAGAAD, SOLPAF, and SONSEF. As well as the ADO has strong networkswith academic institutions in Europe and Africa and collaborates with diverse institutions in the development and agriculture research sectors.
ADO’s major programmatic works are agricultural (crop and livestock) development, water harvesting technology improvement, watershed management, environmental protection, seed, and biodiversity conservation. Besides, reducing food insecurity, adaptation to climate change, and mitigation empowered women by providing viable diversified economic sources (i.e., vegetable production and savings) using the smart agriculture technology of greenhouse farming technology and self-help group approach.
ADO has been a potential partner of the International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) for the past twelve years. This long-term partnership had built ADO capacity in terms of livelihood, resilience, and SMART agriculture projects implementation. During our collaboration with ISF, ADO and ISF have successfully implemented positive and impactful projects in the Togdheer region that enabled 1800 direct beneficiaries and 4000 indirect beneficiaries and tackled poverty while increasing the crop production capacities of the farmers. The ISF-funded projects created 323 small businesses from the savings made by women. Therefore, ADO and ISF are still collaborating on a “New” Project in Erigavo and Togdheer regions.
The “New” Project strategically finds solutions to the existing problems of gender economic inequality, climate change effects of shocks, and stressors. It will support ADO’s organizational strategy, programmatic/thematic areas. It will help the ADO solve locally existing problems and challenges by availing funds to implement needs-based activities in the proposed target areas to assist the poorest and most vulnerable communities.
Therefore, ADO, a partner of ISF Finland, is seeking a qualified project officer to strengthen women’s livelihood for economic development and climate change adaptation. The duty station of the project officer will be at the Burao and Erigavo Offices,with frequent travel to the project target villages to be selected during the project planning phase.Mainly the officerwill be responsible for mobilizing communities, assisting the project manager in the workshops, drafting field reports, and participating in the project planning phase activities of a problem and objective analysis,value chain mapping, stakeholder analysis, and gender-based violence analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Closely work with the project Gender Empowerment Officer and Project Manager in the project planning phase process and in preparing the project proposal;
- Provide assistance and technical support for the development, planning, designing, and implementation of the project;
- Assist the project manager in preparing the agriculture program and the project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) in collaboration with the Agriculture Project Manager;
- Assist with day-to-day activities of the program areas working closely with farmers, Government Officials, and other stakeholders;
- Assist in organizing and facilitating capacity-building trainings for program participants/beneficiaries in consultation with the Agriculture Development Manager;
- Assist in developing and suggesting innovative ways/approaches of executing project activities during the planning phase to draft the project proposal;
- Ensure that relevant development partners like farmers, local community members, Village Management, committees, and district line officers participate in the project planning process and incorporate data to the report and the proposal document;
- Assist in developing tools necessary to track project progress and communicate regularly to all program teams and other stakeholders for effective project implementation.
- Perform overall food security and livelihood situation assessments, actively engaged in the project baseline survey and other related activities assigned by the project manager;
- Lead in-field learning events debriefs and ensure documentation and sharing of lessons learned and reports are shared in a timely matter.
- Participate in food security meetings and workshops mainly related to the agricultural project as assigned by the project manager;
- Agriculture development Manager regular site visits to monitor the implementation of activities and guide community facilitators and other implementers.
- Assist in developing a network of contacts at the base level (NGOs, Government, and Research Centers such as Aburin) to allow a smooth implementation of the project.
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, and disseminating project progress reports on time in consultation with partners, stakeholders, and other relevant sources of information.
- Collaborate with government organizations and other partners throughout the program implementation period in the program Districts and villages.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Agriculture Development Project Manager (ADPM).
- Have a minimum degree in agronomy, general agriculture, climate change, food security, dryland agriculture & research, production, and related fields.
- Minimum 3 – 6 years relevant work experience in development project roles with a record of proven success in GAPs in agricultural production, livestock production, and management skills, preferably in NGO and NGO-related projects.
- Must have at least five years of experience in project design and implementation in international development.
- Familiarity in the rural cultural, social, and traditional contexts of the Somaliland communities;
- Proficiency in basic computer software, word and excel command, and understanding the humanitarian and social enterprise approach;
- Ability to be creative and innovative in generating new ideas and undertaking research;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High level of commitment and self-motivation;
- Strong focus on results;
- Capable of “Thinking-outside of the box” to achieve quality results and service.
- Must be practicing accountability and integrity.
- Ability to perform under time pressure, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple tasks and work effectively to meet the goal set.
- Proactive and able to manage workload with guidance from the line manager.
- Good writing and reporting skills;
- Fluent in Somali and English;
- Commitment, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong aptitude and attitude for organizational change, innovation, learning, team building.
- Willingness to travel to designated program locations.
How to apply
- Interested candidates should send their application, including your CV cover letter and at least three referees indicating “ResilientProject Officer.” Copy of academic degrees and recommendation letters from former institutions is highly required. You can submit your application following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org NO later than January 24th, 2022. Short-listed candidates will be communicated for interview within one day.
ADO provides an equal chance of employment for the entire community members, and any form of lobbying will lead to disqualification
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1753 total views, 1 today