Safety and Security Officer – South West-Baidoa Somalia
- Job category: SECURITY
- Post date:5 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia current works in three regions; Banadir Regions (Heliwa, Wadajir, Dharkenley and Dayninle districts) southwest-state (Afgoi, Lafoole, Baidoa and Hudur) Hirshabelle State (Jowhar & Balcad)
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Safety and Security officer
Location: South West-Baidoa Somalia
Report to: Area Manager Southwest and technical line manger National Safety and Security offier
Contract Duration: Fixed term
The Safety and Security Officer for Southwest Baidoa works under the direct supervision of the Aare Manager and technical line manager of the National Safety and Security officer base in National office.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise and coordinate with the local government security organizations and with other organizations, groups in Somalia by establishing and maintaining formal and informal contacts with focal points on operational level and facilitating the information exchange necessary for the safe conduct of SOS Children`s Villages Somalia operations in Southwest;
- Assist and advise the Area Manager on attaining proper networking with local groups who may be relevant for the security and safety of SOS Staff, assets and operations in Southwest;
Updating of Security Documents:
- Support and Maintain the Security Plan, including updating staff lists, Radios, security surveys and other security related planning documents;
- Information gather, sharing with National safety and Security Officer for the purpose of updating security related documents;
Assessing the security situation in area of responsibility:
- Supports to the National Safety and Security Officer (NSSO) Somalia in the assessments and analysis of the security situation in Somalia;
- Provide written input for the Security Risk Assessments in Location and National level.
- Assist the National Safety and Security Officer in identifying specific needs of security training for Location staff and other security tasks assigned by the Supervisor/NSS Officer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of Diploma of social science such as communication political science (Complemented with 5 Years’ Experience) In Business Administration, Public Administration, Journalism, Security or Related Field.
- A University Bachelor’s Degree international relations or Higher Is Desirable but Not a Requirement.
- A Military Staff College or Police College Combined with Experience in A Senior Command Post May Be Accepted in Lieu.
- A Minimum of 3 Years’ Experience in The Field of Security/Safety, Journalism, Community Services, Humanitarian Assistance or Related Field; Experience with an International Organization, INGO and Other Humanitarian Agencies.
- Excellent Knowledge of the Political and Security Situation in Somalia and Good Networking Within Somalia;
- Fluency in Written and Spoken English and Somali Is Essential, Including The Ability to
- Draft, Edit and Finalize Documents in English. Knowledge Arabic Is Desirable
- Demonstrates commitment to SOS Children’s Villages Somalia mission, vision and values
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational effectiveness
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Strong IT skills,
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
Child Safeguarding Policy:
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date: 18th January 2021.
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1564 total views, 1 today