This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Samplers / Sample Handling Supervisor / Sample Handling Runners – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:8 Jun 2020
- Share job:
Position title: Samplers / Sample Handling Supervisor / Sample Handling Runners
Place of performance: Mogadishu, Somalia
Apply by: 30/06/2020
Start date: 01/07/2020
Duration: up to 6 months (@26days/month)
Bachelor’s degree in Medicine / Nursing or relevant course..
Sector experience Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Medical experience and/or minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Healthcare experience.
Geographical experience Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Language Fluency in Somali (essential) and English (desirable).
CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
CTG is looking to hire an experienced Sampling Supervisor / QC / Trainer / Supervisor for one of our projects in Mogadishu, Somalia. Candidates applying for this role need to experiences in handling / analysing samples of blood, tissue & body fluids to determine chemical content, cell count, drug levels or blood type as well as search for specific microorganisms like bacteria or parasites etc.
To increase testing for COVID-19, CTG & its partners are looking to significantly increase the number of centres where key workers can be tested. As the program ramps up further, additional testing support is needed at centres across Somalia.
We are seeking to recruit individuals responsible for training / handling a team of Sampling Staff / Test Operatives / Swab Handlers undertaking COVID 19 swab testing at Mogadishu airport.
The role of the selected staff is to train groups of Sampling Staff / Test Operatives / Swab Handlers in how to safely & correctly administer a throat & nasal swab test to key front line workers who visit the test site & supporting the overall testing process. The selected staff may also be required to support with testing individuals.
Test swabs will be administered up the nose or down the back of the throat therefore, applicants need to be comfortable administering tests in this manner.
This role reports to the Supervisor.
Key competencies Education:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine / Nursing or relevant course.
– Professional certification would be an added advantage.
– Good communications skills.
– Detail oriented.
– Ability to use complex medical equipment.
– Willingness to work irregular hours.
– Be on call & spend many hours standing.
– Experience working with members of the public / patients.
– Strong communication & presentation skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills & a supportive nature.
– Ability to physically stand for several hours with good mobility (for reaching into vehicles).
– Willingness to work outside.
– Commitment to the work & adhere to the strict guidelines & procedures required.
– Fluent in Somali & working knowledge of English.
– Experience delivering procedural, clinical training or any face to face training is desirable.
– You must be over 18 & in general good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor must anyone in your household.
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
This role may be based globally & would require candidates to travel to countries that are directly affected most by COVID-19.
This roles is being advertised for Roster / Talent building purposes & does not necessarily indicate immediate hiring.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
APPLY NOW: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a113W000000Hdpf
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1349 total views, 3 today