Security & Liaison Assistant – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: SECURITY
- Post date:31 May 2020
- Share job:
Somalia “Bar ama Baro” (BAB) Project
Job Title: Security & Liaison Assistant
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State, among others. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and have the right to work in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates.
Bar ama Baro (BAB) is a 5-year USAID funded program that aims to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (OOSCY) in selected regions of Somalia.
Position Start Date:
The Security and Liaison Assistant is responsible for the conduct of all project related security and liaison functions as identified by the Chief of Party (COP) and designees.Communications and liaison with various government departments andsecurity service providers will be key responsibilities of the Security and Liaison Assistant.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Project Security and Liaison Assistant shall report to the Regional Security Manager (RSM) for East Africa. The Security and Liaison Assistant shall be based in Mogadishu at the BAB Project Office with occasional travel as required by the COP or designees. The Security and Liaison Assistant will support the field team in the conduct of day to day security and liaison duties as well as other related tasks identified by the designated supervisors. S/he will support the RSM in the overall security matters and smooth operational integration between security service providers, security standard operating procedures and security plans and the BAB Project team. In addition, support the RSM in establishing and maintaining a smooth professional working relationship with operations with the aim that BAB objectives are met, and that security plans and procedures are regularly updated and in line with any changes in the dynamic security environment.
The Security and Liaison Assistant will be directly responsible for the conduct of security support tasks and liaison with external stakeholders and partners on areas such as coordination and communications with security service providers.In close collaboration with the RSM, the Security and Liaison Assistant shall also serve as the main Point of Contact (POC) for security support and liaison functions for the BAB Project. The working language of the mission is English.
The Security and Liaison Assistant works closely with the Regional Security Manager for East Africa (RSM) on safety and security matters for the project in Somalia. The Security and Liaison Assistant does not only serve as an extension of the RSM’s duties and responsibilities but also is responsible for the full spectrum of safety and security duties in the absence of the RSM.
The Security and Liaison Assistant will:
- Cover for the RSM in his absence from Mogadishu
- Assist with upkeeping and maintaining of project security documentation and conduct regular assessments
- Provide daily updates of security developments and incidents for all field staff deployed in Somalia
- Contribute to weekly and other related reports
- Provide timely risk management and security risk mitigation advice
- Assist and provide in country liaison and advice on all security related matters
- Perform journey management and staff accounting duties
- Using networks of local contacts, provide recommendations for changes including adaption of Creative posture and approach to risk management
- Advise on local staff (work related) and all expat staff travel in country, with specific input on routes, timings and coordination during travel
- Provide security, safety and risk mitigation advice and recommendations to the RSM
- Ensure that project staff comply with project security procedures
- Monitor and analyse the ongoing threat environment faced by the project
- Provide appropriate security orientation briefings to all new employees, staff, visiting consultants and advisors
- Coordinate and oversee access management and control for visitors and vehicles at the project offices
- Perform lock up and opening-up duties of the project offices
- Conduct regular road safety training for drivers and implementing of driver’s orders to road safety measures are followed and applied
- Establish points of contact at various government departments including selected security entities, immigration, airport and customs (when required) in support of the project activities
- Liaise and coordinate with partner and sub-contractor security focal points in Mogadishu and regions
- Liaise and coordinate with the IT officer to ensure that principles and measures to enhance information and cyber security related to the project are followed
- Travel as needed to regional offices to perform security duties and functions, including security risk assessments pertaining to the area of operations and facilities
- Assist with out-of-hours emergency response, if needed
- Be able to travel to Somali regions and areas of operation of the project
- Perform routine administrative tasks related to security clearances, visas, airport transfers, badges and access management, including access to the Aden Adde International Airport (AAIA) “Green” zone
- Assist and support the project with business continuity, when required
- Communicate procedures and processes with project staff to ensure compliancy with local regulations and procedures.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- At least three years of relevant, professional experience in security& liaisonactivities in Somalia
- Somali national with valid Somali passport or national ID
- Diploma/Certificates in related fields
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written (English and Somali)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe applications, Google Maps
- Possess both a willingness and ability to train and be trained
- Strong organizational, customer service, networking and communication skills
- Detail orientated with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with quality work performed
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to collaborate with both external and internal entities to achieve objectives
- Must be well presented following protocol duties to be performed and representing the project
- Working knowledge of USAID policies, rules and regulations
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com before 5 PM on Sunday June 7, 2020. Please include the Job Title in the subject line specifically indicatingApplication forSecurity Liaison Assistant – Mogadishu Somalia.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2159 total views, 2 today