Security Officer – Dollo Ado, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: SECURITY
- Post date:19 Jul 2021
- Share job:
International Medical Corps (IMC)
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
The IMC Dollo Ado Security Officer works at the direction of the IMC Dollo Ado Program Coordinator, in addition to the IMC Country Security Manager and the IMC Country Director, and reports on technical issues related to security in the Dollo Ado area. The primary function of the Roving Security Officer is provide assistance to the Dollo Ado Program Coordinator, along with the IMC Country Security Manager and IMC Country Director on all issues of safety and security as they relate to IMC staff and programs in the Dollo Ado refugee camps and host community. The Security Officer over sees daily security management for IMC programs in Dollo Ado, as well as trains and mentors Security Focal Points. The Roving Security Officer will monitor and assess security conditions, and makes recommendations as appropriate. The IMC Dollo Ado Program Coordinator is the direct supervisor of the Roving Security Officer, along with supervision by the IMC Country Security Manager and Country Director
1. Security Management
· Assist in developing and update as required the security guidelines, SOP’s and Contingency Plans for the IMC programs in Dollo Ado.
· Train IMC staff in Dollo Ado in all security procedures and policies with the support of senior management by setting up meetings with PM’s and HR meetings to address issues
· Coordinate and monitor security activities to ensure that safety and security policies and procedures are implemented
· Ensure that incidents in the IMC Ethiopia Somali region follow the procedure of reporting as set up by IMC Global and are distributed to the correct authorized persons.
· Collects security related information from local and regional resources as it applies to IMC sites and communicates with the Program Coordinator, Security Manager and Country Director as appropriate
· Monitors the security preparedness of IMC Dollo staff and works to enforce staff compliance with internal security policies and SOPs
· When directed, carry out investigations and capture lessons learned to be incorporated into future staff trainings
· Recommends changes in IMC security plans as needed.
· Ensure induction security briefings are conducted to all arriving staff, visitors or volunteers
· Ensure weekly security reports are completed and submitted, providing timely updates of all situational and security developments including investigation of security incidents
· Conducts and submits Security Risk Assessments of IMC programs, as required. Conducts and submits full IMC Site Security Surveys of every site visited.
3. Human Resources
· Oversee the recruitment and selection of security staff whom he is in charge of and need to supervise and control on a regular basis (guards, other…), recommend disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the Program Coordinator.
· Make frequent site visits to facilities to carry out security assessments and ensure appropriate care and training are being conducted. Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
4. Training/ Capacity Building
· Determine security training needs for the staff in collaboration with the Program Coordinator;
· Works with Program Coordinator and IMC Country Security Manager to conduct any staff security training that is warranted;
5. Working Relationships
· Maintain excellent working relationships with IMC supervisors and the staff teams.
· Build strong professional relationships with regional authorities, and other NGO’s
· Attends security coordination meetings and provides updates on current security issues in the area of assignemtn
· In collaboration with HR, contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of IMC, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
Work experience and qualification requirements:
- Extensive experience (4 years minimum) in the management of security of an organization, preferably in INGO, with BA degree in Social Studies.
- Must have military or Police background.
- Fluency in English is required as well.
- Knowledge of local language is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter and CV by clearly stating the position that you are applying for through
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
516 total views, 1 today