Senior Accountant – Hargeisa
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:5 Feb 2020
- Share job:
POSITION DESCRIPTION – KIMS MICROFINANCE
Position Title: Senior Company Accountant
About the Company:
KIMS Microfinance is a leading microfinance organization with a tradition of excellence in supporting Somali people. The head quarter of KIMS Microfinance is in Hargiesa. KIMS Microfinance has branches in Hargiesa, Mogadisho, Borama, Kismayo, Bosaso, Baladweyn, Burco, Laas’caanood and Af-madaw. KIMS Microfinance has business relation with local and international financial institutions and business organizations.
The Senior Company Accountant contributes to the operation of KIMS. The incumbent is responsible for the day to day accounting activities and related reporting. The role reports to the CFO of KIMS and requires strong accounting, planning, budgeting, analysis, collaboration and consultation skills. The Senior Company Accountant is required to create and update regular reports for KIMS for both operational and strategic purposes.
The position will work closely with the Senior Management Team of KIMS and KIMS branch managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA strongly preferred, with at least four years subsequent relevant experience;
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills particularly in the areas of Excel and equivalent management information systems such as QuickBooks and reporting applications.
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Strong analytical, research, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to balance different work priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Working knowledge of Banking and Microfinance is considered an asset,
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement on monthly basis.
- Support in preparation of annual report and annual budget.
- Periodic reviews of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization
- Coordination and the preparation of required reports for private, multi- lateral and government donors.
- Processing and posting journal entries for routine transactions and ensuring accuracy of the General Ledger.
- Analyze revenues and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll.
- Training of Branch Managers/Accountants for disbursement, collection processes, and payroll.
- Liaising with branch managers, credit officers and senior management team (SMT) to resolve finance issues when required.
- Preparing donor and grant payment requests.
- Providing reports on branch disbursements and collection to Senior Management Team on monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly cash flow report for the Senior Management Team.
- Assist CFO with any other projects as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work in harmony with all customers/vendors/employees.
- Annual leave must be taken at a time which accommodates the peak workflows of KIMS.
- As KIMS Microfinance offices are located over several cities, staff may be required to travel to, or work from, other cities as required.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as specified above, please email your application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating your current position, current and expected remuneration to the following email address email@example.com. Closure of the application 25 February 2020. Submission must be received by specified application deadline. Please note,KIMS is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2571 total views, 3 today