Senior Admin & Finance Associate, G-7, FT Jigjiga, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:13 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
SENIOR ADMIN&FINANCE ASSOCIATE, G-7, FT, Jijiga F.O. (Internal and external)
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care
How can you make a difference?
This position will support the Operations team to ensure the best use of UNICEF assets in alignment with sound management practices, office priorities and goals to deliver results for children.
The Senior Administrative & Finance Associate will have oversight of key administrative and financial tasks of the Field Office and requires thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative and financial procedures, processes and policies.
In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
I. Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of administrative policy and procedures timely implemented to support operations at the country or sub-country levels.
- Provides practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the head of office, operation staff/supervisor.
- Supports supervisor and the head of the office, and updates staff on administrative policies, procedures rules and regulation. Implements the appropriate application and interpretation of administrative rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements.
- Contributes to recommendations on the improvement of internal controls systems taking into account the prevailing conditions in the region.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, prepares reports on administrative matters as required.
- Provides administrative support and services to Field Office and out postings, where applicable, including preparation and funding of service contracts, preparations of PGMs for all admin supplies and guidance on administrative procedures.
Maintains oversight of staff Travel
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel
- Edit/adjust and post Travel Authorization/Travel Claim (TAs)
Property management of administrative supplies assistance ensures, office equipment, vehicles and other properties is effectively maintained
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items.
- Assists supervisor in Property Survey Board submissions, preparing minutes of meetings.
- Assists supervisor in executing PSB recommendations approved by the Head of Office. Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies.
- Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards,
All administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts satisfy the requirements as stipulated and are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Maintains oversight of transactions related to programme payments and contracts (approvals and liquidations of DCT or DP).
- Generating and distributing financial reports and information for effective and responsible financial specialist and chief of field office for decision-making
- Leads Spot Checks of IPs and ensures that
- Review and process payments in VISON related to HACT, utility payments, supplies, PO, advances and other payments. Check the requests have the necessary supporting documents, usually the original document, validity of the charge, they are certified by the staff responsible and are coded correctly. File the transactions and the related supporting documents regularly and share copies with relevant sections as required.
- Monitor Cross sectoral budget & Grants in SAP.
- Monthly cash forecast of sections/program (HACT and Non-HACT) and sending to the country office including statistical-analyse reporting- cash Forecast Vs actual utilization status.
- Review and process invoices with purchase Order (PO)- checking the validity of Sales order, Goods Receipt (G/R) document/s whether recorded in SAP and the validity (up-to-dated in the vendor master) besides examining VAT related deductions.
- Review and process invoices without Purchase Order Using a valid funding sources-Fund Commitment (FC) by ensuring the availability of budget, moreover creating & closing in SAP fund commitment (FC)
- Report Budget Vs Expenditure of Quarterly, yearly through statistical charts and graphs
- Monthly reporting petty cash disbursement. In addition, journalize Petty Cash expenditures in SAP through cash journal (FBCJ).
- Endure quality of FACE before approval by UNICEF Chief of Field Office: whether, Direct Cash transfer advances (DCT) & direct payments (DP) are aligned towards Annual Work Plan (AWP) or Budget and Itemized Cost Estimate (ICE) or Micro plan.
- Review before approval, all liquidation FACEs from different UNICEF implementing partners: whether the reports are linked to Budget/Cash transfer notification, PRQ and activity reports.
Staff learning and development
- Develops training activities to ensure effective performance and efficiency in admin services management.
- Implements effective staff learning and development programme activities for capacity building.
- Contributes to workshops for staff’s competency building, staff learning and development, career development.
Partnership, coordination and collaboration
- Support effective working relations with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on issues relating to administrative matters through information exchange, collaboration, and harmonization.
- Cooperates with other UN agency counterparts in the UN reform initiatives (including common services and premises agenda, etc.).
II. Impact of Results
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the Senior Admin and Finance Assistant ensures that a strong Administrative and Finance platform is provided to the respective sections, which in turn affects the timely and accurate completion of the services provided by advisors and specialists in the team.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of a University degree in Business Administration, Financial Management, NGO Management, Economics or related tertiary degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant progressively responsible administrative or finance management experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: E. Africa Standard Time
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1107 total views, 1 today