Senior Finance/Accountant Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:13 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 21 days
- Share job:
Job Title: Senior Finance/Accountant Officer
Muslim Aid is a registered Islamic faith-based, international non-profit organisation which was established in the UK in 1985. It is a registered charity with the Charity Commission of England and Wales (Charity Registration No: 1176462). The mission and purpose of Muslim Aid is to serve humanity and relieve poverty, through its education, livelihoods, and health development projects, whilst also aiming to respond to emergencies. Muslim Aid Somalia is seeking a Senior Finance/Accountant Officer to work in finance department in Somalia.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Finance/Accountant Officer will work with finance team and provide a pro-active, efficient, timely and relevant finance service to the technical and operations departments including project reports at a level of detail necessary to manage budgets effectively, ensuring proper books of account are maintained in compliance with local law and MA Finance Management Policies and Procedures.
About the Role: The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Financial Accounting by ensuring monthly transactions is entered in the General Ledger accurately and on a timely basis
- Maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet by checking and validating a) monthly bank reconciliations, following up outstanding items b) purchase ledger reconciliations c) staff advances and other debtors d) sundry creditors and all other creditors e) check the fixed assets register is up to date monthly
- Management Accounting by ensuring project financial reports for donor and partners are prepared according to donor requirements; submit reports to the regional office for review prior to submitting to the donor.
About You: To be successful in this role:
- You will be an exceptional experienced and qualified Senior Finance/Accountant Officer with a minimum three-year post qualification experience plus minimum of one years at a senior level.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level. Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant.
- You will be highly skilled in evaluating risk and use of risk analysis techniques.
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Finance/Accountant Officer to be able to work, build and develop quality financial management. You will be joining a supportive, highly skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through: Email: email@example.com
With subject line as application for the position of Senior Finance/Accountant Officer – Somalia
Closing Date will be 9thFebruary 2021
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith, or disability
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1300 total views, 12 today