Senior Grants & Procurement Specialist
- Job category: Procurement
- Post date:9 Oct 2018
- Share job:
|Title:Senior Grants & Procurement Specialist
|Location:Mogadishu Somalia, (with regional travel to other parts of the country||Duration:1 year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in south central Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame and banana) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
The Senior Procurement & Grants Specialist will support the Procurement and Grants activities across the GEEL project.
Senior Grants & Procurement Specialist General Responsibilities:
The Senior Procurement and Grants Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Developing Request for Quotations (RFQs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in collaboration with the Technical Teams.
- Communicate and correspond with potential offerors and seeks solicitations of quotes and price negotiations.
- Organize and facilitate Technical Evaluation Committees and develop bid documentations and analysis.
- Ensure and maintain USAID and RTI procurement processes to ensure compliance and audits including working closely with RTI’s Regional Office and Home Office.
- Conduct due diligence and pre-award assessment on potential contractors and grantees;
- Collaborate with the program, procurement, operations, and finance departments to deliver all procurements and grants and oversee them through liquidation and completion;
- Develop RFQs and RFPs for In-kind and deliverable based grants;
- Assist the Grants Manager to conduct a survey (pre- award survey) using a Business Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (BOCAT) to access potential recipient ability.
- Conduct SAM checks and other appropriate vetting practices before submission of the grant;
- Assist Grants Manager and Finance Manager to review grant application budgets;
- Conduct regular visits to the grantees to make technical and administrative checks on the grant implementation;
- Provide guidance to support grant applicants in the procurement process and coordinate application evaluation for the selection committee;
- Assist the Grants Manager to conduct internal training sessions on grant processes including the preparation of grant application, financial management and reporting requirements;
- Any other duties as required by the Grants Manager or Senior Operations Manager.
Senior Grants & Procurement Specialist will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party/Operations and Grant Manager while working closely with the technical teams.
- Bachelor’s degree related to procurement/logistics; business administration; finance; or related field, Master`s degree preferred.
- At least 6 years of work experience working in a similar role performing operations, procurement, logistics tasks;
- Previous experience working on international donor (USAID, World Bank, UN, DIFID, etc.) funded program(s) desired
- Advanced oral and written English and Somali skills are required;
- High level of ethical values such as honesty, reliability and trustworthy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word & Excel);
- Well-organized and able to perform effectively within tight deadlines;
- Hard-working, self-motivated and possessing a positive attitude
- Ability to travel across Somalia.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line specifically indicating location: Application for Senior Grants & Procurement Specialist – Mogadishu.
Deadline by 25th October 2018
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1784 total views, 1 today