Senior Graphic Design Trainer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:10 Mar 2020
- Share job:
Senior Graphic Design Trainer – Job Description
|Position:||Senior Graphic Trainer|
|Closing Date||Mar25th, 2020|
|Expected start date||May 1st 2020|
|Duration of the assignment||One year – with possibility for extension|
About the position
Shaqodoon and Hormuud Foundation are co-founding a Bits school in Mogadishu. The Bits School is a youth-based program that provides creative ICT and entrepreneurship skills to improve the lives of youth. The Bits target population is the youth who are a significant portion of society. The ICT sector offers great job opportunities, but the youth, especially in emerging economies, often miss the right skills to meet market demands and lack self-confidence to make a positive change. Mogadishu Bits school will equip Mogadishu with technical skills to enable them to engage in gainful income-generating activities.
The training is conducted in three levels/stages that encompass market-demand applications including graphic designs, motion designs, video editing, app development, web design and development. as well as hands-on training through an internship or business startup.
Shaqodoon is a local NGO founded in 2011 to create innovative and long-lasting solutions to Somali youth employment challenges. Shaqodoon is the upshot of the former EDC Somali livelihood project funded by USAID that provided youth in Somaliland, Puntland and South-Central Somalia with greater opportunities to access to work, training, internships, and self-employment opportunities. The organization designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the local community’s most urgent challenges in livelihood skill training, education, civic education, justice and health. Shaqodoon is a national platform whose goal is to prioritize youth employment and education on the development agenda and to exchange knowledge on effective policies and programs to improve employment and education opportunities for youth, prioritizing at risk youth, marginalized groups, and people who have lost hope.
About Hormuud Foundation
Hormuud Telecom Foundation as the first and only corporate foundation in Somalia conducts various emergency and developmental programs among these philanthropic activities including but are not limited to1) Educational Support: (e.g Hormuud University (HU), Al-Nur School for Blind, Hormuud Scholarship), 2) Fire Fighting Services: 3) Healthcare Programs(e.g runs two dialysis centers in Mogadishu hospitals) 4) Emergency Responses and 4) Developmental Programssuch as microfinance to women and the disabled persons, farmland rehabilitation and cannel rehabilitation and other sponsorships.
Shaqodoon is looking for a qualified “graphic designer” trainer in the areas of Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. The ideal trainer will have at least 5 years of experience in the field and creative profile.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering training programs to students either in a group classroom setting or on a one to one basis.
- Adapting bits’ academy curriculum and customize training for the students
- Supporting and coaching students using self-learning packages.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the training and course outcomes and giving feedback to the Project Manager.
- Taking responsibility for maintenances of hardware and software used for training purposes and recommending repairs and upgrades to the program coordinator where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with the local ICT and design innovators, the relevant systems software and online training technology.
- Deliver and facilitate training, coaching and mentoring that encourages accelerated learning and results in new knowledge and skills applied into the workplace
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- A degree or equivalent qualifications and competencies in ICT or significant up to date industry experience to deliver the ICT
- 5+ years of the design industry and agency experience.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketching.
- Strong motion and video skills using After Effects. Premier are bonus.
- Passionate about good design, motivated, ambitious and extremely creative – full of ideas across multi-platforms.
- Strong typography, layout and technical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working across online banners (static and animated), social media posts (primarily Instagram and Facebook), web design, UI design and storytelling.
- A creative designer who has a breadth of understanding of responsive design across all digital platforms.
- A fantastic portfolio crammed with innovative and inspirational work demonstrating digital design and motion/video work.
- Able to create beautiful visual UI design that can align with the UX design.
- An understanding of UX and latest technology trends.
- Confident, enthusiastic, quick to learn and able to think on your feet.
- Able to talk through your ideas confidently with the team and clients. Must be a great communicator who can bounce off ideas with the team at every stage of the project cycle.
- Be able to work independently and also within a team.
- Flexible and adaptable with persistent drive to learn new skills and constantly improve.
How to apply;
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV email@example.com by March25th, 2020. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shaqodoon is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
674 total views, 1 today