SENIOR HR OFFICER
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:8 Jul 2019
- Share job:
SENIOR HR OFFICER- HARGEISA
CARE International is a humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development projects and providing emergency relief. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities. CARE International is starting health sector interventions to complement ongoing interventions in other sectors. We invite applications from experienced and talented individuals for the position of Senior HR Officer based in Hargeisa with travels to the other field sites.
Reporting directly to the Head of Office- Somaliland and technically to the HR Manager, the overall purpose of the position is to support the efficient operations of the HR unit by coordinating and delivering a diverse range of human resources (HR) management activities with a focus on recruitment, induction, compensation and benefit management, information management, Immigration and Records Management.
The position holder will provide practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to line managers on HR procedures, policies, best practices, employment rewards, benefits, and legislation to facilitate in achieving the objectives and targets of the organization.
- Recruitment and Placement:
- Review Employee Requests (ERFs) and ensure that Project/department details are correct, title of position and Grade are in line with CARE Somalia structure, status of position whether it is new, replacement or temporary position, expected date of hire is adequate to needs of the project and, finally review any recommendations made.
- Ensure that all requests for recruitment are accompanied by updated job descriptions. Keep an updated data folder of all Job Descriptions.
- Prepare vacancy announcements in line with the positions job descriptions and forward them to the Procurement department for procurement of advertisement space in the press. Distribute the advert to the other online channels like reliefweb etc.
- Review applications and provide long -lists to the requesting manager.
- Arrange and represent HR in conducting interviews to select candidates (both national and regional positions).
- Review recommendation on the selection of candidate by the hiring manager.
- Obtain references and carry out required pre-employment checks to ensure that information given about candidates is verified and attach them to the contract as necessary.
- Draw interview reports, obtain necessary approvals and file.
- Send regret letters to interview candidates who were not successful in the selection process.
- Compile the Monthly Recruitment Status Report and send it to the HR Manager
- Train interview panel on proper interviewing techniques
- Recruitment Administration
- Prepare job offers for successful candidates. Prepare contract letters once references are received.
- Monitor existing Fixed Term and temporary contracts and prepare Contract renewals/extensions.
- Prepare employee transfer letters after verification of supporting documents in line with policy.
- Receive employee’s letters of notice of resignation and process separation letter taking note of the notice period given.
- Ensure that departing staff have handed in their final Clearance forms including a filled Exit interview form.
- Ensure personnel records are complete, up to date, filed and kept confidential.
- Provide information needed for reports e.g HR Monthly Report, Staff list etc. ensuring they are timely and accurate.
- Induction and probation management
- Facilitate the induction process for the new employees
- Ensure the completion of required employee human resource documentation for all new staff and that these are put in employee’s files.
- Maintain the monthly probation tracking tool and track all staff on probation to identify their end of probation date.
- Send confirmation reminders to managers and supervisors in charge.
- Ensure confirmation forms are duly filled and approved.
- Prepare the staff confirmation letters or extension letters as appropriate.
- Forward confirmation letters to individual staff and file copy in employee file
- Arrange for visas, work permits, dependent’s passes and other documentation for all international staff.
- In consultation with the Head of office, ensure that all international staff have work permits.
- Payroll Administration
- Prepare and ensure complete and accurate compensation data to have an efficient, effective, complete and accurate monthly payroll process.
- Process monthly payroll on time
- Ensure that the monthly statutory payments (PAYE –) are done on time with proper supporting documents
- Process all accruals; gratuity, Bonus, leave.
- Manage monthly PARs and ensure they are reconciled with leave records
- Process final dues to separating employees.
- Process Bonus in a timely manner.
- Process monthly payments for temporary/Casual staff and Interns in a timely manner.
- Distribute payslips to staff on a timely basis
- Assisting new employees with the medical enrollment process and ensure medical cards are received in good time.
- Ensure accuracy and verify the monthly statement from medical provider and reconcile year end statements with accounts.
- Ensure policy renewal review process is done in a timely fashion and coordinate the procurement process for new service provider as necessary.
- Resolve employee health plan issues, such as claim denials, lack of timely processing, health plan administrator disputes, etc.
- Liaise with medical insurance provider on all medical issues e.g. admissions, confirmation of newborns, spouses, referrals, and medical limits etc.
- Other Insurances – GPA/GLA/WIBA
- Ensure proper coverage in the GPA & GLA cover and ensure that new staff understand the benefits of the covers
- Organize travel insurance for staff travelling outside coverage
- HRMIS, Leave and PARs Management
- Create staff HRMIS accounts
- Train staff on the HRMIS
- Run useful reports from the HRMIS and use them to inform staff of the appropriate actions
- Track the following type of leave on a monthly basis for National staff: annual leave, sick leave, study leave.
- Reconciliation of leave records with PARs on a monthly basis
- Monthly Personnel Activity Reports (PAR) are completed by all staff, authorized on time.
- HR Policies and other
- Implement HR policies, practices, and procedures, and ensure compliance with legal laws and/or regulations in all areas of accountability
- Contribute to the updated and formulation of human resource management policies for CARE Somalia
- Counsel employees on their terms and conditions of service, problems and grievances. Take lead in arbitrating on disciplinary issues and performance management issues
- Supervise and manage the implementation of performance management system, staff development and orientation processes.
- Developing the capacity of supervisory staff in managing the Performance Management system
- Ensure compliance with HR Policies and procedures in Somaliland
- Track the Audit Somaliland specific audit reports and inform the Head of HR on the issues pertaining to the HR in Somaliland and how they’ll be addressed.
- Provide direction and supervision of the HR intern whenever one is onboard.
- All CARE Staff
- Government authorities
- Willingness to travel to field offices within Somaliland.
- Degree in Human Resources Management/ Organizational Behavior or equivalent with diploma in HRM.
- 4 years’ demonstrable experience as hands on HR generalist.
- Substantial knowledge of Human Resource administrative procedures and systems either through experience gained from human resources working experiences or from an INGO
- Substantial knowledge of the Somaliland employment law.
- Good written and oral communication in Englishy
- Knowledge and understanding of HR issues related to GED (Gender, Equality and Diversity)
- Ability to resolve issues independently but knows when to refer them to the supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks quickly at every level within the Country Office,
- Listening, coaching and counselling skills.
- Embraces the values of: Transformation, Innovation, Diversity, Excellence, Equity
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to SOMRecruitment@care.org by July 22, 2019. Kindly indicate“SENIOR HR OFFICER – HARGEISA”on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3126 total views, 2 today