Senior Media and Communications Assistant – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Sales/Marketing/Communication
- Post date:29 Mar 2021
- Share job:
|Position title||Senior Media and Communications Assistant|
|Place of performance||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Duration||up to 6 months (@21.75days/month)|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Audio-visual Production, Visual Arts, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience and/or Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with six years of relevant professional experience.|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Media & Communications experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in English and Somali are essential.|
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||VI. COMPETENCIES
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1079 total views, 2 today