Senior MoPIED SAGAL Liaison Advisor- Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:28 Mar 2021
- Share job:
TITLE: Senior SAGAL Liaison Advisor- MoPIED
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: MoPIED SAGAL (Secondment)||LOCATION: Mogadishu, Somalia|
|GRADE: (2)||CONTRACT LENGTH:
12 months (renewable)
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (3)
This position will not be in direct contact with children or young people on a regular basis so a Level I clearance would be required.
Level 1: A basic criminal record background (DBS) check is required/equivalent police record check.
Level 2: either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Senior MoPIED SAGAL Liaison Advisor (SMSLA) will be responsible for the day-to-day liaison and coordination between MoLSA and MoPIED. The Senior MoPIED SAGAL Liaison Advisor will report to the Minister of Planning, Investment and Economic Development and will coordinate and work with the Senior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor and Social Affairs Director. The SMSLA will serve as mediator, focusing on developing and fostering relationships between the necessary stakeholders.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area Representative
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Budget Responsibilities: no
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Coordinate activities and communications between MoLSA and MoPIED, as well as other FGS stakeholders.
· Coordinate and liaise with Ministry of Planning counterparts in Federal Member States.
· Act as the MoPIED focal point for all stakeholders.
· Coordinate with other ILED components and other ILED government stakeholders.
· Prepare and deliver verbal communications, on behalf of MoPIED.
· Take initiative to proactively solve conflicts and address issues within Government stakeholders.
· Collaborate and communicate with necessary stakeholders
· Identify problems in communication between the different ILED Government stakeholders.
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Degree/ Postgraduate degree in International Relations, Development Studies or a Social Science degree.
· Seven years of experience working with International Organizations and Federal Government of Somalia.
· A minimum of 4 years working and living in the Horn of Africa.
· Advanced understanding of the social political atmosphere within the Horn of Africa.
· Knowledge of Somalia and sensitivity to the underlying social, economic and cultural context in particular.
|EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Must be motivated and capable of promptly and effectively monitoring, coordinating and communicating according to the needs and objectives of SAGAL.
· Demonstrated organization, initiative, and time management skills.
· Proven ability to solve problems and follow through with tasks with minimal supervision.
· Proven experience in coordinating, cooperating and negotiating with high-level Government officials, donor partners and diverse local stakeholders.
· Ability to establish productive working relationship with various international, national and government (federal and state-level) counterparts.
· Readiness and proven ability to work in multi-cultural environment; and
· Complete fluency and writing skills in Somali and English.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and cover letter as a single document. To see a full a job description,
Please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs or you can apply directly using the link below:
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy, all employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI protection from sexual exploitation abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
|Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Female qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:- https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100029J&lang=en
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
938 total views, 1 today