Senior Ophthalmologist – Mogadishu
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:28 Jan 2020
- Share job:
We are looking for a senior Ophthalmologist to work in Mogadishu and be responsible for repairing traumatic eye injuries, diagnosing eye ailments, and prescribing medications. The Ophthalmologist’s responsibilities range from simple duties, such as prescribing corrective lenses, to performing highly advanced duties, such as keyhole or laser surgery.
To be a successful Ophthalmologist, you should be willing to maintain up-to-date knowledge of the diseases, functions, and anatomy of the eye. You should be meticulous, analytical, and have very steady hands.
- Providing routine care such as vision testing and prescribing glasses and contact lenses.
- Performing corrective surgeries, such as repairing injuries and corneas, and removing cataracts.
- Performing advanced surgical procedures, such as keyhole or laser surgery.
- Diagnosing and treating eye diseases and injuries.
- Managing emergency eye clinics, outpatient clinics, or other specialist eye clinics.
- Treating medical disorders that affect the vision through a holistic approach.
- Using therapeutic procedures and performing biopsies.
- A medical degree in Ophthalmology, or postgraduate from Recognized Institution
- Minimum 3 years of Professional Experience
- A medial license to practice Ophthalmology.
- Expert working knowledge of the diseases, functions, and anatomy of the eye.
- Good administrative and managerial skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Strong organizational, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
How to apply
Please send your Academic Docs, CV and Application letter to our email email@example.com before 15 February 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
758 total views, 10 today