Senior Planning & Development Advisor, Kismayo, Jubaland, Somalia
- Job category: Development Affiars
- Post date:3 Oct 2021
- Share job:
Senior Planning & Development Advisor
- General Information
Duration of the assignment: 6 Months with a possibility of extension
Duty station: Kismayo, Jubaland, Somalia
Supervisor: Director General of Office of the President
Working at the Office of the President Kismayo, Somalia
Somalia has embarked on the road to steady growth in development and is making strides in Planning development, sustainable peace, social development and enhanced political/democratic values that are considered a recipe for quality life for current and future generations alike. Somali’s adoption of the federal system and the subsequent establishment of functioning federal member states is seen as enhancing peaceful and stable country and a trigger of Planning prosperity. The Jubaland State of Somalia is committed to improving Planning standards of the people through development of sound Planning policies through expert input of technical advisors.
III. Objectives of the assignment
The purpose of the Senior Planning and Development Advisor is to provide support in the achievement of an improved financial and Planning development to enable political stability and improved livelihoods. The Advisor is expected to contribute to drafting sound Planning policies and addresses the Government’s institutional capacity gaps by injecting technical capacity in the aspect of Planning development. Other objectives include engagement of private sector and advise the government on measures to support investment programs and ease procedures for doing business, steer innovative private sector/government partnership with a view to providing solutions for service delivery challenges and achieving government’s Planning policy agenda of Planning growth. The senior Planning Advisor further maintains strategic relationship/ contact with key private sector actors and conduct mutually benefiting negotiations to attain Planning prosperity. The senior advisor is expected to undertake skills transfer to the existing national staff relevant in his/her expertise.
- Scope of work
- Advisory support to Jubaland Government on planning and analysis:
- To advise and undertake the necessary activities for the preparation performance reports on various sectors of Jubaland state of Somalia’s economy.
- To support the preparation of Policy Papers on various Planning Sectors for the Development Plan (DP) and precisely Develop strategic Planning goals for Jubaland State priorities and delivery mechanism.
- To support the preparation of Operational Plans for various Planning Sectors in reference to Planning Growth Pillar activity plans and results achievement indicators.
- To provide technical assistance in the field of planning and in the formulation of sector strategies.
- To assist in carrying out the relevant technical work to follow up the implementation of the development plan.
- To advise Jubaland administration on improvements of Aid coordination, database and information system relating to econometric and statistical modeling of Planning, social progress and sustainable reconciliation.
- To advise on and undertake the necessary activities for the preparation of the periodic Planning reports.
- Coordinate Federal Pillar working group and State Pillar Working Groups.
- Contact person for International relations /engagement to Jubaland State.
- Coordinate international development support to Planning development in Jubaland.
- Write weekly Pillar meeting minutes, monthly reports and periodic assessments, evaluation and advisory papers.
- Support the office of the President in the development of the office strategic framework and work plans for program implementation to ensure the achievement of government goals.
- Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned, and share them through regular pillar reports.
- Represent the government of Jubaland to other NGOs and UN agencies, ensuring coordination and constructive working relations, and attending relevant inter-agency coordination meetings.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of policy influencing (advocacy) activities for the sector at relevant local, state and federal levels, in consultation with the Office of the Vice President and line Ministries concern.
- Actively lobby for more attention for Planning growth in Jubaland, working with Government of Jubaland, Federal Government of Somalia, UN and NGO partners.
- To provide technical assistance in the formulation of Key Performance Indicators for the various sectors of the economy.
- To respond to specific requests for reviewing development programs, projects and policies, and their Planning and social implications, as well as to advise on institutional arrangements for their implementation.
- To conduct capacity assessment and develop capacity building plan based on the findings
- Provide on job training, capacity building, and guidance national staff engaged in the planning process and to line ministries and Office of the President.
- To undertake such other tasks as requested by the Supervisor
- Qualifications and Competency
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in MBA, Plannings, Public Administration/Policy, Law, Human Resources Management, Political Science or equivalent degree.
- At least 5 years’ experience in field of Governance.
- Comparable Experience providing Private Sector Development advise at broad level
- Ability to plan and execute a deliberate and sustained Private Sector strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of the Somalia Planning development
- Extensive networks in Government, Planning agencies and private sector
- Excellent knowledge of English and Somali languages
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools
- Excellent writing skills
- Mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations;
Planning and organizing
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner;
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work;
- Ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent activities.
Teamwork and respect for diversity
- Ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Somali and English are the working language for this assignment.
- Knowledge of other languages are advantage.
How to apply
Equal Opportunities: We value diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees.
This position is open to Somalis both in-country and the Diaspora. Interested Candidates especially female candidates who meet all the requirements are highly encouraged.
Only successful candidates will be contacted, Please apply in below link:
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1647 total views, 6 today