Senior Procurement Specialist – Garowe, Puntland Somalia
- Job category: Procurement
- Post date:5 Mar 2020
- Job expires in: Expired
- Share job:
Senior Procurement Specialist
Location: Garowe, Puntland Somalia
Reports to the Business Operation Director
Who we are
With 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI and its local affiliates manage community health programs across Africa, Asia, and Latin America. PSI also supports national Ministries of Health to scale up community health worker programs.
PSI seeks an experienced, dynamic and innovation-driven Senior Procurement Specialist to support an anticipated one-year Somali Federal Government through the World Bank funded Female Health Worker program in Somalia with an anticipated award date of April 2020.
This position will be based in Garowe, Puntland, Somalia with frequent travel to Galmudug and Banadir and will report to the Business Operation Director
Minimum qualification and professional experiences required:
- A Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Financial Management, or similar
- At least 8 years of experience in Procurement
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing a variety of individual and organizational capacity development approaches for financial management to develop long-term capacity improvements
- At least 3 years’ contract management experience in projects under World Bank or international financial institution funding
- Experience adapting management tools, guidelines, and manuals for procurement management
- Prior procurement experience with a World Bank funded-project or public sector institution in Somalia with demonstrated knowledge of procurement guidelines, procedures and policies of the World Bank and local Somalia Government procurement guidelines will be an added advantage
- Ability to support stakeholders to conduct procurement management operations as required for auditing purposes.
- Demonstrated experience developing individual and organizational capacity for procurement management
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal as well as written
- Excellent teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Willingness to travel regularly across Somalia
This position is contingent upon funding.
Contact Us if you have what it takes?
If you think you are great fit, Please submit your application and detailed resume to Somjobs@psi.org no later than March 10 2020 with subject line indicating “ Senior Procurement Specialist”.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1515 total views, 10 today