Senior Programme Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:18 Jun 2020
- Share job:
[Senior Programme Officer]
Fulltime/ 40 hours a week
Based in Hargeisa, Somaliland with frequency travel to the field
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- To ensure effective and efficient support to the planning, implementation monitoring, evaluation and accountability of youth projects including the work in progress, Crowdfunding and other forthcoming grants and provide substantive MEAL support to development projects as a whole and in accordance with organizational policies and strategies.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Dedicated MEAL Officer for Development Projects
- Ensure with the MEAL Specialist/Advisors the development and implementation of development projects including support to the roll out of MEAL frameworks.
- Work closely with project Focal Points and partners to ensure appropriate feedback and accountability mechanisms are incorporated into project teams’ and partners’ projects.
- To support the delivery of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) part of development Programs including WIP ,accelerator programme, and the other development projects.
- Support the MEAL specialist and project leaders for the implementation of MEAL framework ensuring achievement of MEAL standards and program quality.
- Ensure that programme teams and partner organisations adopt a systematic approach to MEAL, and that are able to effectively track outputs and outcomes, and manage and use data effectively.
- Support Program Monitoring, Developing MEAL tools, analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Support the capacity building of partners and program teams to, leverage their MEAL systems and adopt quality MEAL systems and whilst ensuring quality reporting.
- Share relevant MEAL findings with program Coordinator in an appropriate format and follow-up their implementation.
- Contribute to the identification and addressing of project gaps, risks and bottlenecks that can obstruct proper implementation of project activities.
- Share accountability findings with the program teams in an appropriate format.
- Contribute annual reviews and reflection sessions based on existing MEAL frameworks and project plans
- Support timely management of MEAL budgets including timely submission of MEAL expense documents and assist Finance team in allocating MEAL expenses.
Influencing and advocacy
- To support the linkage between WiP! Partners and LEAD partners with relevant line ministries and young people for robust influencing and advocacy consultation meetings.
- Work with HAVOYOCO to follow up the implementation and monitoring influencing policies and campaigns including the adoption and implementation of the internship policy.
- Coordinate partners for the , networking and follow-up lobby meetings ,roundtable discussions and workshops pertaining to policy influences including the internship policy implementation, international and national youth day campaigns as well as closely coordinating with the Ministry of Employment and Social Affairs ,MOY, private sector and international NGOs.
- Work with Global Influencing & Communications advisor of the Work in Progress! and Global Monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning advisor based in the Netherlands to develop a social audit tool, influencing outcomes and indicators to ensure the policy implementation cycle is tracked and captured key progresses and achievements.
- Contribute and support the arrangement of inspirational and campaign sessions including celebration of international and national youth day as well as other youth led campaigns.
- Contribute effectively to the regional youth initiatives including youth and active citizens platform
TVET programme and other CO-Creations with Butterfly Works
- To provide substantive input as required to the Butterfly Works(based in the Netherlands) about building on the existing local expertise of TVET institutes. Facilitating the steps of TVET support including research, surveys for employers and students, developing prototyping workshop, pilot development and testing.
- Work closely with Ministry of Education and TVET institutes in the implementation and facilitate/arrange for TVET development.
- Facilitate carrying out the labor market related researches/assessments by identifying clear gaps and opportunities.
Lead a co-creation/design workshops with all relevant all stakeholders including youth
- Contribute to the development of new initiatives building on the Work in progress project. And other youth related projects.
- Support the project development team regarding youth, job creation and technology related new initiatives and proposals.
- Support the arrangement of coordination meetings, programme review meetings, forums, advocacy workshops and dialogue sessions between various youth development actors and ensure discussion are captured and translated into project development initiatives
- Participate effectively in all project development discussions and build effective liaison with the Hague team and in coordination with Programme Coordinator at times of proposal/concept development.
SME’S ,start-ups and Overall Business Development.
- Support the BDS programmes of local partners on overall training implementation, SME’s/Startups selection, re-directing towards impact-driven companies and women-led business where possible.
- Ensure coordinating the investment readiness of the companies, including presenting the companies on an online platform.
- Follow up to pitch the companies into the international impact investor community and facilitating access to finance.
- Support the roll out of international learning events to further sharpen the BDS strategy, and the way forward towards reaching impact trough small and medium-sized companies.
- support the local partners organizing roadshows events, mentorship boot camps and improvement of startup academies
Partners Coordination and Capacity Development
- Support the development and implementation of detailed plan for building the project implementation capacity of partner organizations, specifically relating to project activity plan and implementing management procedure. This will include RAMON assessments, delivering Capacity building, performance standards and evaluation approaches in coordination with the programme Coordinator
- Undertake personal training, mentoring, coaching and capacity building to partner organization to develop their own expertise as required. Ensure that partner organization are adapted the system thinking approaches, future Literacy know labs, Design thinking and co-creation approaches.
- Facilitate smooth communication and cooperation between local and other LEAD partners as well as relevant line ministries.
- Programme Coordinator of the Youth Thematic Unit . Country Director, MEAL specialist/[Programme Quality, Finance Officer and other team members in the Country Office.
- Global Work in Progress Project Manager ,MEAL Advisor and Influencing and Campaigns advisor in the Hague office
- With Oxfam partners within Work in Progress! And other youth and development related projects.
- With consultants with regard to project implementation and reporting
- With civil society organizations, youth and other stakeholders in general, to keep informed on information needs and to stimulate constructive debate
Skills and Competence:
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Economics, business studies, development or related field
- Minimum 3 years of progressive professional experience in project design, implementation and monitoring specifically in field of youth empowerment, private sector development, SME growth promotion, employment generation and youth/women entrepreneurship enhancement.
- Excellent command in Somali and English languages
- Sound communication and advocacy skills
- good capacity and experience in MEAL system design and roll out
- Strong writing and reporting ability with the ability to document quality case studies/communication materials and stories that showcases impact
- Proactive, result oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Networking and coordination skills with the ability to develop synergy with a range of programme stakeholders
- Willingness to work in a multicultural environment
- Willingness to fight for equality in every aspect including Gender
Language, English and local Somali language.
Please apply the position by clicking the Apply button. Application Deadline on 2nd July 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
4691 total views, 4 today