Senior SAGAL M&E Specialist Advisor- MoPIED -Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:28 Mar 2021
- Share job:
|TITLE: Senior SAGAL M&E Specialist Advisor- MoPIED|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: SAGAL, MoPIED (Secondment)||LOCATION: Mogadishu, Somalia|
|GRADE: 2||CONTRACT LENGTH:
12 months renewable
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (3)
Level 1: A basic criminal record background (DBS) check is required/equivalent police record check.
Level 2: either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Senior MoPIED SAGAL M&E Specialist Advisor will be responsible to provide technical advice in the design and implementation of social protection programming, which includes the design and piloting of social transfer models, the provision of capacity strengthening, advisory, policy and planning support to the SAGAL programme. The Senior MoPIED SAGAL M&E Specialist Advisor will report to the Social Affairs Director and will work with the Senior MoLSA SAGAL Advisor and Senior MoLSA Research Expert Advisor.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Ares Representative
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
Role Dimensions: Able to deal with a variety of stakeholders within the Federal and Federal Member State levels. Able to adeptly communicate with various types of staff within the programme. Able to Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with other projects and represent M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
|BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· Degree/ Postgraduate degree in Social Sciences or any other relevant subject.
|EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Minimum seven years’ experience in Monitoring and evaluation and project management.
· Proven expertise in research methodology, research, reporting and data analysis.
· Demonstrate strong managerial skills, coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively.
· Fluent in Somali and English.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and cover letter as a single document. To see a full a job description,
Please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs or you can apply directly using the link below:
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy, all employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI protection from sexual exploitation abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
|Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Female qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:-
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1141 total views, 1 today