Senior Technical Reconciliation Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Social Science
- Post date:7 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Title of Position: Senior Technical Reconciliation Advisor
|Title of Position:||Senior Technical Reconciliation Advisor, Ministry of Interior, Federal Affairs and Reconciliation|
|Type of Contract:||Consultant|
|Duration of the assignment:||1 year (extendable based on satisfactory of performance appraisals)|
|Duty station:||Mogadishu but frequently travel states|
|Supervisor:||Director General/FCA Network Program Coordinator|
|Issue date:||7th Sept 2021|
|Deadline for application:||20th Sept 2021|
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: To support Ministry of Interior, Federal Affairs, and Reconciliation (MoIFAR) of Somalia in the Implementation of the National Reconciliation Framework/Process (NRF/NRP)
- Support the Somali government, esp. MoIFAR on the implementation of the National Reconciliation Framework and National Reconciliation Process, including in planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Coordinate and liaise with different actors and stakeholders of the NRF/NRP, and act as a focal point between MoIFAR and FCA/NETW.
- Provide FCA and NETW regular updates on National Reconciliation sectoral issues and its status and developments in Somalia in order FCA and NETW gain a better and more comprehensive understanding of the reconciliation related issues and opportunities.
- Conduct capacity assessment and develop a comprehensive capacity building strategy for MOIFAR in the leadership and effective implementation of the NRF/NRP.
- Build the capacities of the Reconciliation Unit within MoIFAR in policy planning and design, as well as strategizing and implementation i.e. national frameworks and road maps.
- Assist FCA and NETW identify contacts in relevant ministries in Somalia and facilitate communication, coordination and collaboration with these contacts.
- Provide support and recommendations on programmatic activities related to reconciliation to FCA and NETW, and to link recommendations to MoIFAR plans on NRF/NRP.
- Promote alignment between Somali peacebuilding and reconciliation strategies, policies and initiatives, and the international partners supporting Somalia’s peacebuilding process.
- Liaise with Somali civil society working in peacebuilding and reconciliation i.e. by providing advisory and enhancing cooperation.
Support MoIFAR technically in the implementation of the National Reconciliation Framework/Process in Somalia, including the following:
- Supporting MoIFAR by facilitating the implementation of the National Reconciliation Framework/Process, and help MoIFAR and Federal Member States’ (FMSs) authorities to conceptualize, develop implementation modalities, approaches and tools that are aimed to implement National Reconciliation Process in Somalia through consultative, participatory and inclusive process in line with the developed NRF
- Assessing the level, capacities and needs in MoIFAR related to the implementation of the National Reconciliation Process plans and activities;
- Support MoIFAR reconciliation team/department and develop systems and tools that enhance its capacity to implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate NRF/NRP
- Support to design and implementation of project-related local reconciliation initiatives and trainings
- Facilitating and participating in meetings between FCA/NETW and the Somali government authorities on issues related to reconciliation efforts;
- Supporting multi-stakeholders’ coordination, consultations with locals and have good knowledge for moderating conflict resolution dialogues.
- Support MOIFAR in liaising with MOI of key FMS including their respective reconciliation/local governance advisors and coordinators for the effective operationalisation of NRF/NRP at the state level.
- Liaising and reaching out to Somali Federal Member States and donor community on reconciliation related themes and actions;
- Together with MoIFAR leadership, negotiating with relevant national and international counterparts on issues related to reconciliation;
- Preparing concept notes for the proposed activities, as well as reporting and providing recommendations and findings throughout the process.
- Support to end-of-project evaluations.
- Provide any other support needed.
Competence and experience required:
- Solid experiences in providing hands-on support, mentorship and capacity development to the staff/personnel including ability to assess and upgrade skills and needs with clear tools for measurement of the impact;
- Experience and strong capabilities in organizing policy frameworks (including structure design and strategy development);
- Solid experience or knowledge on the National Reconciliation Framework processes
- Experience in working in fragile and conflict contexts, especially where recurrent conflicts rife.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or equivalent
- Proven ability to work independently and in co-operation with different stakeholders in international and Somali context;
- Extensive knowledge of the Somali context, culture and FCA/NETW programmes in the country is desirable;
- More than eight years’ experience in the field of reconciliation, conflict resolution, peace building, negotiation skills, forgiveness, reintegration, rehabilitation sectors, and policy development;
- Ability to contribute to FCA and NETW programme and project planning, implementation, MEAL and reporting.
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis;
- Previous experience working with INGO and public institutions.
- Language skills: Somali and English
- Technically facilitating the implementation of the NRF and producing concrete output of an enhanced, well adopted and inclusive National Reconciliation Process plan in Somalia;
- Mapping reconciliation related project and cooperation opportunities for FCA/NETW interventions as well as identifying future collaboration and capacity building areas for FCA and NETW;
- Enabling FCA Somalia Country Team and NETW to provide National Reconciliation related recommendations for decision making and funding;
- Allowing FCA Somalia Country Team and NETW to deliver a high quality reconciliation and peace work related project initiatives and proposal to donor community.
- Clear annual work plan with concrete defined expected outputs approved by FCA/NETW and quarterly consultancy reports
- Capacity assessment and capacity development strategy for MOIFAR in NRF/NRP implementation
- Contribution to the planning, revisions of the project activities, provide strategic advice to the project implementation in regard to the reconciliation and the potential synergy for governance components.
- Follow up and development NRF/NRP implementation plan together with MoIFAR
- Compile and ensure NRP documents are gathered and uploaded to the NRF website.
FCA practices zero tolerance against concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen [contractor/external party name] (i.e., applicants, contracts, suppliers, consultants, etc.) against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money laundering and Combating the Financing of terrorism requirements). FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1273 total views, 2 today