SHG Project Officer – Ceelafweyne District, Sanaag Region, Somaliland
- Job category: Project Management/Assistant
- Post date:24 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 5 days
- Share job:
Head-Quarter: Hargeisa –Somaliland. Address: Road Number 1, Badda Cas Village, Behind State House.
|Organization||Taakulo Somali Community|
|Position||SHG Project Officer|
|Project name||Self Help Group (SHG)|
|Duty Station||Ceelafweyne District, Sanaag Region|
|Reporting to||Operations Manager|
|Period||1Year with possibility of the extension based on performance and availability of funding|
Taakulo Somaliland Community is Commonly known by the acronym “TAAKULO”. TAAKULO is a multifaceted non-governmental, non-profit making, non-political and non-partisan development and humanitarian aid organization established in 2007 and headquartered in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Taakulo is a Somali word meaning “helping/aiding”. TAAKULO is dedicated to helping the disadvantaged people and communities throughout Somaliland by engaging in the development and related activities and also providing relief support and assistance, facilitating and promoting participatory local community activities and programs that emphasize human dignity and self-reliance.
Taakulo have been implementing Self help group initiatives since 2013 in Burao and Hargeysa Districts and expanded the SHG Program to Ceelafweyne District Sanaag Region reaching more Beneficiaries in 2020.
The SHG is a successful instrument that enhances the improvement of living conditions of children and their families in a sustainable way. It empowers the most vulnerable women and children within a community to attain adequate sustainable economic and social living conditions as well as political participation by unleashing and developing their individual potentials in groups and networks. The SHG tackles the structural causes of poverty by empowering women to increase family income, to address social concerns at household and community levels and to give impetus for political change.
Taakulo is seeking a highly motivated and competent individual to take up the position of the Self-Help Group (SHG) Project Officer (Po)
- Understands basic development concepts(poverty, gender, class, social identity andrelations, development, empowerment etc…) and have a good grasp on issues and concerns that affect the community and the country
- Can internalize the SHG concept; believe that the poor has knowledge and wisdom; believe that the women when united can achieve a lot:
- Is committed to empowering the poor
- Travel regularly to conduct training monitoring visits to the SHGs on weekly bases
- Has the ability to train / transfer inputs to CFs
- Can mentor and motivate CFs
- Monitor on weekly bases for CFs and update and guide
- Prepare work plans and reports as required.
- Readiness for creation 30 SHG’s on yealy bases (Commitment)
- Organize exposure visit among SHGs and CLS
Essential skills and Qualifications
- The minimum required academic and professional skills for the jobholder include the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Community Development or other related social sciences
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in managing community development programs.
- Experience in:
- working with rights-based approaches;
- working with children and strong commitment to children’s rights;
- facilitating participatory processes, such as PRA, in communities; and
- facilitating budgeting and budget control.
- Gender sensitivity.
- Strong co-ordination and organizational skills.
- Excellent monitoring, analytical, documentation and report writing skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong networking and partnership building skills.
- Openness to learn new approaches.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and Outlook.
- A good team-player, self-driven, capable of meeting deadlines and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel extensively within the areas of operation and to work extended periods in the field.
- Ability to interact effectively with local communities.
Women Canditates will be encouraged based on merit and experience for the woman empowerment.
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to Taakulo Somali Community (TAAKULO) through e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org. with the Subject: Self Help Group (SHG)_TAAKULO -002. All applications must be received latest by 5th December, 2021by 16:00 East African standard Time.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1151 total views, 1 today