SITE SUPERVISOR, SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF BAARDALE TOWN SOLAR STREET LIGHTS
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:12 Jun 2020
- Share job:
Transition Initiatives for Stabilization Plus – TIS+
SCOPE OF WORK
SITE SUPERVISOR, SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF BAARDALE TOWN SOLAR STREET LIGHTS (SWS046)
DT Global implements the Transition Initiatives for Stabilization Plus (TIS+) Program for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), promoting good governance and community cohesion. This goal is achieved through the following sub-objectives:
- Increase social and political inclusion of marginalized groups;
- Expand government presence in vulnerable areas; and
- Increase community’s ability to mediate conflict.
TIS+ is seeking the service of an experienced construction site supervisor to undertake the supervision of the construction works for the Site Supervisor, Supply and Installation of Baardale Town Solar Street Lights (SWS046) in Bardaale District, SWS.
The site supervisor will be tasked with supervising all aspects of the construction at the site and will be required to be at the site till the end of the construction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise the setting out, levelling and surveying of the site before and during the construction works;
- Check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Ensure that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications and requirement;
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials and equipment to be used for the construction works;
- Document and report immediately on any planned changes in the work by the contractor, prior to any changes being effected;
- Conduct daily site supervision and regular inspections at critical phases of the construction works;
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate their solutions while closely liaising with TIS+ Senior Engineer;
- Liaise with all subcontractors, supervisors, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project during the duration of the construction works;
- Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including monitoring of the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Plan the work and efficiently organize site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines and schedules;
- Supervise proper storage and disposal of waste products or other construction hazardous materials;
- Oversee quality control, health and safety matters on site by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations;
Transition Initiatives for Stabilization Plus – TIS+
- Complete and submit weekly EMMP reports;
- Monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules with the grantee and TIS+ Senior Engineer;
- Document and maintain timely reporting on all issues of the construction (including volume of work done) in the site register on a daily basis;
- Prepare weekly reports as required while closely liaising with the TIS+ Senior Engineer;
- Liaise with the local civil society organization that is responsible for identifying and providing the construction company with the roster of unskilled laborers;
- Function as a bridge between the civil society organization and the construction company;
- Keep the TIS+ Senior Engineer informed of any positive and negative elements regarding the functioning of the civil society organization;
- Provide high quality, interesting photos with clear captions and send them to the TIS+ Strategic Communications Specialist on a weekly basis;
- Support the resolution of any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise with close coordination with TIS+ Senior Engineer.
- Any other duties assigned.
The Site Supervisor for Supply and Installation of Baardale Town Solar Street Lights (SWS046) reports to the TIS+ Director of Engineering.
- Diploma or equivalent in civil engineering and/or minimum of 5 years’ experience in general construction with excellent hands-on construction skills.
- Knowledge in reading and interpreting technical drawings and workplans.
- Experience in supervising construction projects.
- Excellent understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, foundations, carpentry and masonry work.
- Established credibility and integrity and the ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary.
- Excellent communication and written reporting skills and good use of computer programs like Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Relate to others in a manner that creates sense of team work and cooperation.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to read and write in both English and Somali language.
Applications and detailed CV together with any certifications to be sent to the email email@example.com marked as “Site Supervisor – Supply and Installation of Baardale Town Solar Street Lights (SWS046)” by 3 July 2020, 1800 hrs (East African Time)
Late offers will be rejected except under extraordinary circumstances at TIS+ discretion.
Women, persons with disabilities, youth and those from diverse backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1644 total views, 2 today