This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Social Protection Specialist – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Protection Affairs
- Post date:25 Aug 2020
- Share job:
|Position title||Social Protection Specialist|
|Place of performance||Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Duration||up to 3 months (@22days/month)|
|Qualification||Master’s degree in Social Science, Development Economics, Public Policy & / or Business Administration, Communication, or closely related field..|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Social Cohesion experience and/or minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Social Development experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in English and Somali are essential.|
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
|Key competencies||Key competencies, technical background & experience required:
– Master’s Degree in Social Science, Development Economics, Public Policy & / or Business Administration, Communication, or closely related field.
– Minimum 5 years of relevant progressive working experience at the national level in the areas of public administration, local development, management, social protection or another related field.
– Experience in design & implementation of humanitarian cash transfers, preferably in conflict affected or fragile settings.
– Knowledge & practical experience in govt. engagement, coordination, stakeholder cooperation & project cycle design, management & implementation.
– Excellent theoretical & operational understanding of the field of social protection, specifically social safety nets & cash transfer programs.
– Understanding of the overall political, administrative & institutional context of Somalia.
– Excellent computer skills (especially MS office applications) & ability to use information technologies as a tool & resource.
– Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to communicate effectively, both orally & in writing.
– Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment.
– Ability to multitask & work under tight deadlines in a highly complex environment.
– Ability to take initiative, work independently & deliver high quality results on time.
– Ability to work with multiple stakeholders, especially govt. sectors.
– Good command of English & fluency of Somali language.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1237 total views, 2 today